479 (Red Vs Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further updates: the entire torso (arms, chest, ab plate) is dipped, primed, and ready to be painted. the thigh pieces just need another layer of dip, and they will be ready to be primed and painted.

Also, I have a functional mic system ready to go. Woot!

Although, due to time restrictions, I will get the shins done, and will not be making the boot covers this year. there just isn't enough time with three weeks to go, working 2 jobs and having martial arts training.

I'm still gonna finish this thing even though I know that I can't deploy with it.

Now in the final week til con, and I have made significant progress. I will admit that I took a couple of shortcuts for the alpha build, but this is also my first time ever with using foam. for what started as a pep project, I think I can say that this now became a freehand suit.

I am so close to being done! I just have one final leg piece to attach, and I would have finished last night...but I ran out of velcro.

regardless, here are a couple of pics from the test fit last night.

test fit.jpeg

leg test.jpeg

Edit: forgot to mention, I will be updating this suit and getting the proper helmet for it(thanks Cadet for finding that for me!) so that I will eventually be able to deploy with this armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, 479 was actually finished, and I got it out to con. After my purchased suit, I was initially afraid, yes even with my own craftsmanship. It help up really really well though. only had some minor repairs that are easily fixed with hot glue (basically adhesive not sticking from back of velcro.)

I am extremely happy with how this one turned out, and I plan on improving it from here. I had so much fun and honestly can't wait to make it even better as I have the new helmet coming, and plenty of foam left for improvement.

more pics incoming, but here is one of my friend as her Destiny Hunter, and my armor.
479 and Kali.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back