A Little Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! So i understand how to make the armor but can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap plastic to fill the molds with? It is really expensive and cant seem to find anything cheap.

oh and i also want to make the ODST helmet. does anyone know how to make the visor bend like it does on the real helmet?

here is my background:

I already make a rogue helmet but it sucked to i made the Mark VI but that was too small so i am making a new one. Cut everything out already so just have to glue it. I also made the chest and back. but those were practice for my real deal armor. i learned a lot so hopefully the final version will look good! I was thinking a black and red final armor color! (maybe some silver too)

Queen said:
Sculpt the ODST visor out of clay, then get a vacuuform mold set up so you can mold the sculpt.

Vacuuform Tut

The heated plastic will melt the clay resulting in a really crappy looking visor, and you having to re-sculpt the visor... Unless you have self-hardening clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
The heated plastic will melt the clay resulting in a really crappy looking visor, and you having to re-sculpt the visor... Unless you have self-hardening clay.

You misunderstood, he said mold the sculpt, then vacuuform the mold.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Wouldn't the plastic from the vac. former stick to the cast from the mold?

I don't think so. The vacuuforming guy didn't mention anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back