Airbrush Kit Recommendations?

CPUKITTY

Hey everyone! I'm looking to up the quality of my projects and one place I think I can achieve that is by investing in an airbrush to have more dynamic paint jobs. I've been using spray paint and paintbrushes/acrylics when needed but it's time to splurge! I've watched a few videos but would love to get some recommendations from people here on a kit to invest in.

These are the things I'm looking for:
  • Ideally under $200 but I want something that's built to last and won't break.
  • Relatively quiet compressor - I live in an apartment
  • Dual action (from what I gather they're a bit trickier to get the hang of but worth it for the detail and control)
  • Usable for large-scale projects and minis
Also if you have any tips or videos that you found helpful as a beginner, please share! Thanks! :)

I'm currently using the harbor freight one and it's working super well, but I know some people who are having issues with it.

This kit is one I've recommended to a few people and they've all seems to like it as it's got pretty much everything you need to get started. Amazon.com

I will and always have highly recommended the "Eclipse" line of brushes from Iwata. Basic, ready-to-use from the box guns that are offered in both a bottom feed format and gravity fed gun. Usually will run you around 120/130$ on amazon per gun.

The compressor I use is a basic one from harbor freight that has not failed me yet!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back