All Metal Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its gonna be real awesome if you manage to pull this off. I'll definitely be watchin this thread. Good luck man!

Hey Y'all. Update. So I've been crazy swamped the last couple weeks between midterms and what not at school, along with work and etc. I pepped the SMG for a size reference, it helps if I have something to look at physically, i can get my head around how to make it. And then yesterday while I was cruising through Rundown's model thread looking for an unfold of his sick MkIV shins, I ran across a perfect model done by Box O Crayons. I tried to PM him, but apparently his box is full, it said I couldn't send him a message at this time. So if any of you can manage to get a hold of him, I would love to collaborate and see if we can make this happen soon. The first run would just be a solid cut of the SMG, eventually i want to do a working parts model (collapsing stock, working trigger and charging handle, etc). Thanks for the patience, I'll try and keep y'all better posted.

PS. Here's the link to the thread:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786&st=180

@ SirPalesAlot - I have no experience with molding whatsoever, so it is beyond me. However, if someone were to be able to do a metal cast, I would love to collaberate.

Alright, I hope this doesn't count as a necro, bump, or double post. I have been working on getting the obj file to get into the lab. With school, I just don't have the time to scratch build these models. Nintendude has been gracious enough to work with me on getting the files together. We are going to collaborate on a few builds and see what we can do. I will start with cnc out of MDF, if the details work and the cut patterns function, then I will see about moving to the 5 axis mill and starting on moving/working parts. Once the files are in hand and tweaked, its just a question of getting into the lab.

Now this is exciting. I'll keep tabs on this, and I'll look around and see what I can find in terms of HD pictures and such of the weapons.

I also have come across and collected the pep files of the following weapons:

Assault Rifle (Not hd, but may be good for making the base 3d model before detail is added)

Battle Rifle (Going to call this one HQ. It has some decent detail work, just little things like the grip is just flat, no depressions for fingers)

Frag Grenade (Not hd. Not hd at all)

Magnum (Great quality)

Shotgun (Hd)

Sniper Rifle (Great Quality, only missing some detail work on the left side of the action so far as I can see)

Spartan Laser (This one has a super high quality level, it has all the bells and whistles. And methinks would be eye-gougingly painful in pep, but with a cnc machine?)

Just let me know if you're interested. I can always e-mail these files to you. I've got alot of different armor variation pep files too, so if you ever wanted to try some of those, let me know. I have an HD Mark VI chest from the wiki that I'm particularly fond of.

These pieces you are planning to fabricate, should be amazing contributions to the 405th. Congrats on finding the opportunity. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back