Another Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its more of a reference to how many have been started but not finished i guess :p

Anyways, and update! Walking in a spartans shoe (pardon the horrible pic quality):
IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice Job ! Fits perfectly around your shoe and like you added battle damage before the painting and I love the idea about the double visor especially the fatal one!!
"Yo guys, that was no biggy. I have 8 lives left."

If you still need help with scaling, click on the link in my signature. It's the scaling method I use and it seems to work for the girls too as well as the guys. :)

Also, when it comes to being obsessed with the perfect pieces, I'm the SAME way. XD I'm about 75% of the way finished with my foam chestplate that was modeled by L3X ONLY to discover that it was NOT made properly for a female body. >:[ There is WAY TOO much room between the front and back. Being that I am so small, this chestplate does NOT work for me. I also noticed the shape is NOT the same as Kat's either. Forged Reclaimer is apparently working on a torso as well, but from what I learned, it seems that the modelers first make the male chestplate then just change the shape for a female torso and that is NOT correct!!! The male and female chestplates have their own design to them!!! The width is fine for the torso I got, but the front and back are bad. So I think I know how ya feel. I feel like I need to learn how to model so I can properly model the female armor pieces, but I don't even know where to begin. :(

Sorry about the lack of updates! Been busy! Anyways i hope to finish peping the other boot tnt so i can start on the shins.

@ HaloGoddess~ 0.0 you are an angel! Thankyou sooooo soooo soooo sssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo Much! I will be using and abusing that scaling thread XD. Also I'm gnna hold off to see what kind of chestplate he cranks out aswell :3

FU*$ING BRILLIANT!!!! Good work!
Well its more of a reference to how many have been started but not finished i guess :p

Anyways, and update! Walking in a spartans shoe (pardon the horrible pic quality):
IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 65
Hey! This looks great! :D Glad to see more of my fellow girlies on here making armor! Kat armor too, wahooo! It'll be awesome to have another thread to look at of the female armor, Noble Six and Jun builds just aren't the same. I'm a bit over halfway in the pepping process of that same torso if you wanted to check it out, I'm certainly excited to see a work in progress of the other pieces of armor. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll probably be asking you a few as well haha also, if you haven't seen AceNat's Kat build check it out, her torso isn't the same file as ours but she's done some great work and the whole thread has been very helpful for me :)

Good luck on your build! I'm definitely going to be visiting this thread often.

I remember your Samus build, at least the helmet anyway. It was a really nice looking helmet!

Im sure this will be a great looking set of armor when its done as well.

Im curious as to what file you used to make that boot, it looks perfect!

@ Silver~ Paul!!!!!!!!!!! Okay but be warned I don't update often! you know how I am...

@ Angel~ Yay more girl power! I know i follow acenat's like its a bible. I will definitely be following your thread. Btw, your pep work is fantastic!

@ Arioch~ I totally just chucked the rest of the suit away recently XD, got tired of looking at my failure. Thanks for the compliment and i believe I used Halo Goddess version of the boot *nods*

To Everybody= Other boot completed and shins are being constructed as we speak! Will post pics soon when I have time.

In other news, I'm also having to make a Sweet Pea Cosplay since I got wrapped up in a Sucker Punch cosplay group now XD. That will take some priority over Kat since they are two different conventions. If anyone can make me a sweet pea pauldron, please let me know!
sucker-punch-character-poster---abbie-cornish-as-sweet-pea.jpg

In other news, I'm also having to make a Sweet Pea Cosplay since I got wrapped up in a Sucker Punch cosplay group now XD. That will take some priority over Kat since they are two different conventions. If anyone can make me a sweet pea pauldron, please let me know!
sucker-punch-character-poster---abbie-cornish-as-sweet-pea.jpg
I pulled some pictures up online of the character and that would be a super easy costume to make. It would be easy to mix, match and modify some patterns and if I had help cutting out the fabric shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours. I don’t know where you live but if you’re interested in making it a day project of it would be happy to help

Sorry guys!! I've been on HIATUS FOR WAY TO F-ING LONG!!! I Still have a few weeks before i need to start working on Sweet pea so it may be awhile before i can post pictures of her. I will post here though when i start getting further!!!

In other news, My fellow co-workers and I are working on full-bodied transformer suits for the opening night of the new transformer movie. It has been a tradition where I work at and it holds top priority. I will begin a thread if you want to view my progress and i will post the link here.

Looks awesome so far, keep it up! And now that someone else is going to be a Transformer for the movie premiere, I'm wondering if I still should... oh well, I bet you weren't going to go as Soundwave anyways... how lame was that guy...

Careful you don't over commit to a bunch of different projects or you might burn yourself out, and that's never good :( but it seems like you know what you're doing so good luck

This build looks fantastic so far! I'm coming back to my Carter build after like, 7 months of taking a break from it ha! I'm making mine for the next Dragon Con. But anyways, keep up the good work! And the hairstyle makes you look like Agent Connecticut from Red vs. Blue, if you ever thought about making an EOD Mark VI suit =P

hey whats up, i've been lost for more than a year now, hope i can be back soon to folding my own armors, look about the SCALING method maybe u do not need it anymore, but something i have made and works for me its to actually Print only one sheet with a largest piece then compare the size with one that i have already made and its useless, then i can tell if i need to make it bigger or smaller, its really really hard to get it right at the first time cuz the meassures are different for everyone and the printers also are different for anyone, so thats my method, hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back