Another ODST Dropping In! (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is just looking so awesome, a real inspiration, I am hoping to make some odst armor for my first project, starting in the middle of november, seeing this work makes me think that it might be bit of a struggle, but if you can do it I hope I can too

Thanks whiteape!

Its always good to hear we are adding another trooper. As far as starting your armor my advice is just take your time and keep at it no matter how frustrating it gets. If you do that you will make progress pretty fast and if you have any questions feel free to hit me up or anyone else for that matter as everyone here is always ready with advice.

So good luck recruit, keep your head down and ill see you in hell!

i love the chest core. i want to do mine out of foam too however i can never find it in the stores. anytips for how you did yours?

Thanks man,

If your looking for the foam, i get mine from the harbor freight store (which is also an excellent place to get allot of your supplies cheap). As far as any tips i would just say take your time and make sure you have everything measured to fit before you cut your foam. Since I'm such a big guy (6'5") its been a hell of a time cutting patterns that fit me. But i digress, like i said just take your time and it should come out really well. and if your have any snags along the way feel free to hit me up!

good luck trooper!!

what would you recommend i scale the chest core too. Hugh has stated that it fits a 42 inch chest for a 6 foot tall person. im around 5,7 and on the slim side with a 38 inch chest. i was thinking maybe -10% would be good.

What i did was to first look at rino's odst build (WIP) and see how he broke down the chest core. from there i kinda of improvised... I basically used the chest core pep pieces and with bristol board (which is basically sheets of poster board) i scaled up the pieces in inches until i had a pattern that fit me. This process may be much easier for you since you are smaller than i am.

Well i hope this helped, i mean this is the way i had to do it but it may have been the backward way for all i know lol.

Keep fighting trooper!

awesome :D an ODST!!!! Feet First into Hell!!!! cool build dude, you're going to build the armor mainly with hugh's models? gudluck ^_^

This build sure is coming along pretty good. I love the amount of all the new ODSTs and Troopers lately. It's pretty inspiring to see them all, and how great they all look. The pep looks really clean. I can't wait to see some further progress down the road. :D

Thanks for the comments guys!

@skullboy: Yea i really like Hugh's files so i decided to go with mainly his. The only exception is the shoulders which i used Kirrou's files for.

@Noskey: Yea i have been impressed by the number of ODST recruits as well and dont worry there will be progress coming soon!

UPDATE!

Ok folks so sorry its taken so long to get another update in, so im going to cut right to it!

Chest plate...
2011-08-23_16-06-09_347.jpg

and again...
2011-08-23_16-06-25_134.jpg

Helmet
2011-08-23_16-07-38_44.jpg

2011-08-23_16-07-55_525.jpg

2011-08-23_16-07-46_296.jpg

So as you can see i have been working with bondo to try and smooth my pieces and frankly its been a... well ill save you the language.
Anyway, its been a slow process learning how to work with this stuff, ad i still have an issue with making sure theres enough hardener in the bondo that it hardens but not so fast that i cant work with it.

Im working on it when i can but i have to say its getting discouraging sometimes because of all the time that is going into it with what seems to be not alot of headway. Regardless I will stay the course and become an ODST!

As always I'd love to hear your thoughts and support folks!

I'll see you dirt side troops, back into hell!

Sry bout the double post folks.

Small update,

In my attempt to try and work on my armor a little everyday i managed to finish a piece!

here it is...
2011-08-25_14-17-56_836.jpg

2011-08-25_14-18-10_235.jpg

2011-08-25_14-18-27_729.jpg

so this is my first finished piece, let me know what you think of the paintjob folks.

cheers!

Nice progress and very excellent bondo work!

The finished piece looks great the only thing I'd do is add a light silver drybrush to the edges.

Thanks Darkrider!

You know i was wondering what i could do to enhance the battle damage a bit and dry brushing completely escaped me so thanks for that!

Ok folks its once again that time....

Thats right! UPDATE TIME!!

Ok so I'm sure its not that big of a deal to y'all but figured id try and stir up a little excitement.... (crickets)

ANYWAY, lets get on with it.... as always pics first then I'll rant about stuff and things

2011-09-01_01-18-03_624.jpg

2011-09-01_01-17-31_841.jpg

2011-09-01_01-15-28_857.jpg

2011-09-01_01-17-10_512.jpg

2011-09-01_01-16-21_836.jpg

2011-09-01_01-16-03_444.jpg

2011-09-01_01-15-52_725.jpg

So there it is!

As you can see I have been hard at work. Plugging away at the smaller pieces of my armor has helped me get that satisfaction that things are actually moving along and I'm not just spinning my wheels (hint hint: to any other noob out there, small pieces first... it helps your self esteem).

The pieces above are not completely finished as I'm still planning on dry brushing them to fulfill the desired battle damage effect as Darkrider suggested.

Oh and i have a little sneak peek for you all as well....

TA DA!
2011-09-01_01-12-10_975.jpg

The beginnings of my next thread, the BR 55, coming to a creation thread near you!

As always folks I'm always open for likes and constructive criticism so keep it coming!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back