Anyone tried aqua-resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Guys,

First off, on Aqua Resin, I've now successfully done one of the shins by being a bit more careful, see my build thread if you wish.

I've also tried another produce that the importer recommended after I was discussing my process and problems with him called AquaCote. I was surprised searching the forum there is no mention of it.

AquaCote is a water based polyurathane resin that is used in boating. It doesn't have any of the toxidity of polyester or epoxy resin but I found it surprisingly similar to work with (compared to when I used polyester resin when working on cars). I can't compare it to using polyester resin on pep work as I've never tried.

I only tried some small samples but it didn't seem to warp any worse then what I've seen in videos with other resins but I don't want to jump the gun to much as it won't prove itself until I do something larger.

Its a bit more expensive then aqua resin but as I've found aqua resin does really well for fiber glassing and as a bondo replacement I'm going to try to build the next shin using AquaCote as the resin for the outside to get the initial strengthening and then fiberglass the inside with aqua resin.

I probably won't get to this until next week as I'm still finishing off the first shin but once I get that done and if my experiences are good I'll do a full write up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back