Appleseed Costume

Do you think it can be held ?

• No , just a stupid thing !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone going to do Braireos helmet in pep? russ has a very nice one but you would need to spend about $400 plus shiping that would be great to have if i had the extra money but im kinda livein check to check we need a cheaper verson please.

I am working on a file for the helmet, it is a little advanced for my skills right now I am working on something.

If any of you gentlemen need help with any of the modeling or pepping or whatever, I've been using Maya for years, and would be more then happy to lend a hand.

They help would be greatly appreciated... I think I'm using Maya 8, I can upload the files when I get home this way anyone can use them as a base.

And I would love some tips on how to get better at using the software.

Hey, Versinke...

In that other topic where you posted the refrence images, I wasn't able to see any of them. Would it be cool if you PM me and I'll give you my email address so you can send them to me as an attachment?

Thanks dude.

EDIT: 2-20-10 12pm

Grrr I hate computers!!! I am pretty close to finishing the helm but when I put it into Pepakura I get three helms in the file. But there is only one object in Maya! I have disassembled the helm piece by piece trying to find why I am getting other objects in the .dfx file. It took all morning!

I fixed it but I don't know how... that's even more frustrating than the initial problem... Now I don't know how to fix it if it happens again!

So here is a rough version saved in Pepakura, it needs a lot of tweeking but I'll post it so anyone wanting to have this rough version can have it.

I have a smooth version that I will post once I fix the antennae and some of the face issues I am seeing in Maya. Then I will post an updated Rough and smooth version.

Check it out:

Braireos-Helm-2-20-10-Cover.jpg

Braireos Helm.pdo

Peace,

Jerry

head looks awsome

but ears, hmm , they are not like that?

its looks totaly diferent in movie ex machina

here i upload some screenshots, they should help

my uplaods

some pics with red eyes are from appleseed, others are from appleseed ex machina

Jerry - 1st off, awesome model mate

whatever the model though, this was always gonna be one heck of an unfold

for those commenting on accuracy - I am one of those who think that too much accuracy in the pep model isnt all that impt as the details are usally added in the smoothing phase in most of my builds. From that point of view - I think Jerry's preliminary work is a major step forward in making a more affordable Briareos helmet available to the public. Cant wait to see the completed build mate; great work.

From my personal point of view - due to complexity of the model as well as trying to account for scale etc, it might be a better option to have the "bunny ears" as a separate pep to aid unfolding?

I actually own one of Russ helmets - and as brilliant a sculpt as it is - there are still some liberties taken in the 3D to real life transition.

Nate

well the only thing thats really off is the connecting balls to the sonar eyes "the bunny ears" and what might be easier is to make them out of pep some pipe fittings and attach the bunny ears to them and the body in the bondo stage, so yeah I agree w/ nate but its looking great.

chwy why dxf not obj?

I agree the ears need some more work, they were actually the parts giving my .mb file troubles. SO I deleted some of the details like the disks on the bottom. The ears are actually croocked and when I get home I will fix that.

When I smoothed this out more the seams in teh pep are easier to hide and the model looks smoother in Pepakura. But the poly counts goes through the roof.

Acueman, I haven't found how to export these out as and .obj yet. I can only save them as maya files and export them as .dfx and .dae files. Pepakura will only take the .dfx files for me.

I'm also going in and adding the vents to the back of the helm and more of the edge details that I have on some of the reference pics that were posted earlier in the thread.

I also agree lower detail models are better. The hard part is the basic shape of the model, minor details are easy to create. Alittle card stock and some misc. parts you can accessorize a helm to make it look more detailed.

Peace.

Whaaa ,that pretty awesome , i don't want to know how much time it has taken O_O Did you've done the unfold or should someone do it ( i've try unfold a simple parts and i 've failed :lol i'm too noob maybe )

Versinke said:
Whaaa ,that pretty awesome , i don't want to know how much time it has taken O_O Did you've done the unfold or should someone do it ( i've try unfold a simple parts and i 've failed :lol i'm too noob maybe )

lol, it's taken some time but I have to thank acueman for the help.

I'm going to separate the piece like some one suggested so they can be Pep'd individually and assembled later.

And now that I had a nice 3 hours drive to my parents last night ... for some of the best lasagna in the world ... I think I am going to keep working on refining this so it's easier to assemble in Pepakura.

Some of the areas around the ears and cheeks are going to be very difficult to Pep and I think I want to make the face area flat so the eyes fit better. I also have to clean out the inside polys so there is room for your head!

Lots of work to still do but at least there is somethig to play with until then. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it on the back burner right now, 'cause work is kicking my ...

I am still having issues with the ears and it looks like I I have to rebuild them again. Something is corrupt in my original file and I have hidden layers or duplicated hidden layers on or something. Because when I cut copy and paste them in to a new file the garbage still comes with it.

But I have a more streamlined helm I am working on based off my original, before Amancue sent me some off the chart references. They are similar but I reduced the Polys to get a better pep,. (I hope)

So that's the update, and I try to fit some more development into this month but things are really crazy until April 2nd.

I'm still around so if you guys have any questions I'll try to respond. Real Life is just getting in the way right now! :lol

Peace,

My computer died and I have to reinstall all of my program... and I lost all the work I had on my 3d files for my space marine! but the fun was building them in Maya so... I guess I have to do it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back