Armor For My Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Military working dogs wear goggle over in Iraq to protect their eyes from sand, that might be an idea. Just google images of military working dogs for some ideas. They also wear body armor.

On another note, what is that dog in the 2nd picture going to do with the rounds strapped to its left front leg? I doesn't have a weapon and even if it did he's got no opposable thumbs.

I understand I'm NECROing this(big time) but I was having similar thoughts for my dog(after I finish my MC suit(haven't even started)) But I was mainly wondering what the chances of scaling say the Arbiter's helmet down to fit my dog's head? I don't have exact specs of his size just yet but I'm mainly interested if if it's even feasible using the pepakura (the picture is my dog and he is rather small, beefy but small.) I know I can dress him as I've put jackets, goggles and all types of things on him(my sister has a French bulldog as well and bought it clothes I'll never do that lol but some spiffy armor.. well... lol) and he doesn't mind or care unless it's on his feet(he likes to lick the bottom of paws and the way he's built he cant lick anything else(seriously).) So really my question is, can something be scaled down to his size?

EDITED: I did some rough(very rough) measurements my dog is exactly 2feet long(from nose to tail or lack of tail), 1 foot tall from his head to his middle(his rear sits up higher about 2 inches making him 1'2" in the back) His head is 5 inches width wise and the length is 7(this isn't exactly exact so there is about an inch or 2 that will need to be added or taken away)

LOL this is great I love the Pic being a Police K-9 handler Im sure any perp that would see this running after them would just $#!T their pants the part that I would find hard is stoping my dog from eating the armor on down time!!!! but still cool idea and great PIC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back