Armor Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikoGor

I been looking around for someone to make armor for me. I don't have the space to make it please someone get back to me.

read the stickies and watch the orientation video. if u did, u would know that you are spossed to look around the site and find someone who meets your needs and use the private message system. u also need to reach veteran status in order to be able to see the "purchase" forum, i think it is carefull from now on though, read the stickies like a good little noobie

EDIT: lol, yea ppl don't only charge for supplies man. armor sets take a lot of time and work, and end up costing a lot of money. when i first came here i wanted to buy a helmet but it would have cost me 3 times more money than it cost the guy to make it because a suit takes a lot of time to do, as in weeks to months even to the point a 1 year and up. i suggest making one yourself. i look at an armor set in my mind and realize that if i make it, ill have a very nice satisfaction to making my armor.

You say you don't have room to make it, well i bet u have more room than me. i live in a class-room sized apartment. my apartment is litteraly the size of the average classroom. but, where there is a will, there is a way. work outside when using resin and bondo and the likes; have a designated area for pepakura and keep that area neat, orginized and obviously clean from things like foods or drinks. when using a hot glue gun, either do it outside or inside a little bit at a time. PM me if you need some more tips :)

Additionally be prepared to shell out a lot of cash, people who put the armor on sale have put a lot of work in the armor, and the materials are not cheap be any means.

Yeah sadly the armor costs a fair amount to make and is really time consuming so to even have it worth someones time to make you'd need to shell out around 1200-1500 otherwise it doesn't matter enough to people.

i don´t know how much you want to afford for your armor, but seriously, if 1.2k $ seem to much for you, you can buy a suit at some shops for less than a thousand bugs...

i don´t know how much my armor will costs, but only the hours i´ll worked on it, will be equal to the 1,2k, the material costs not inculuded ( i just needed about six hours to cut and paste the helmet[it turnes out it was the wrong scale, so i have to do it again])

but i confirm what tumb-stone sais, where there is will, there is a way, i don´t know if i would be sacrifesed, if i am weareing a suit that was made by someone else... and you don´t know if armor is according to your wishes...

so my advice, first try it for yourself (printing and paste it) and if you still won´t get the fiver to make one for yourself, if not , THEN you should ask the members who are willing to do that kind of work to do that for your. (including you whole units of measurement) [ i´m sure there resulsts lokk better than the one you could buy).

so be aware of what you want

your sincerely

codey

flipboy439 said:
sigh. i wish adam would close the membership for a few months again...

OMG!....

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!

There's been such a huge influx of members who think they can just ride the easy train to armourville. I don't think so, so damn annoying. I realize that the forum management has been pretty busy lately but c'mon man, the amount of people actually coming to look around, learn and work towards a good set of armour it seems is fewer than the amount of members who just join to come and beg for armour to be mailed to their doorstep for like $100. I know for myself, I've at least spent around $400CDN on supplies alone and I'm still not done. Factor in the fact too that I already had some tools lying around the house (like a dremel) which saved me some money.

To the OP, if you're serious about getting armour, either hunker down and invest the time and effort to make it yourself or stick around long enough at least to become a veteran and earn your armour that way. At least that entails some degree of work. I do wish you luck though, good luck on getting/making a set of armour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly apologize to you all I must have missed the sticky. I didn't mean to anger any of you. So please Mods if you are out there right now remove this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back