Bad Quality Paper Cuttings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddyno2

I have just recently taken an intrest in developing a Hayabusa helmet that i could enventually display, fully painted, on my shelf. However the cuttings are rather crude and its not great quality. It is in some places abit wonky and stuff and i wanna sort that out. I was wondering is there anything i can do to tidy this up or cover the rough bits up? maybe by using more coats of paint?

Thanks alot!

P.S i printed it out with pepakura and the unglossy side of glossy paper (180 GSM)

Doddyno2 said:
P.S i printed it out with pepakura and the unglossy side of glossy paper (180 GSM)

Halo.jpg

Maybe it's the paper you used?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be honest i didnt try to make it absoloutley perfect just good enough. Do you think it will be alright looking when it is painted or will it still be visible?

At first i started with normal paper however it got creased and dented so easily i though gloosy would be better

Use 110 lb cardstock and make sure that you print the numbers. I accidentally didn't print the numbers on a busa once, and it turned out terrible.

Another thing I noticed to is that your folds look kind of rough too. You might want to "score" your lines to help get a nice clean fold. There are 2 ways to do this:

1. Using a ruler, line it up with the "fold line" and use a pen and go over the line a couple times. You will want to use 2 different ink colors so you know what line is what. Like use black for the mountain fold and blue for the valley folds. You can use whatever 2 colors you want. Just make sure you know what color is for what line.

2. Just like I mentioned in the first one, you will want a ruler and line it up with the fold line. Use an exacto knife, but DO NOT use the blade (sharp) saide as this wil cut your paper. Use the other side and apply a little pressure and go over the line.

Scoring your lines will help you get a really nice fold and also helps to make the finished product look cleaner. And since you are doing the hayabusa helmet as well, here is mine:

side.jpg

This should also help give you an idea what it will look like when you are done putting it together.

I also trace the line with the paper on top of a piece of cardboard. This will help you score the lines better.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back