Body Filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierjer

Jr Member
Is it just me but does everybody's armor look great when they bondo? I have spent two weeks sanding and adding bondo to the helmet I'm working on and could never get rid of the pits in the bondo after sanding. I would add bondo sand it and then another pit would be in a different spot. Then I found the body filler and in the two weeks of sanding and bondo was taken care of in a few hours today. So my question is, does anyone else use the body filler?

All Bondo is body filler... but depend on which you use and how well you mix it you are going to get a slightly different end result.

You use bondo to smooth, Bondo brand spot putty(or glazing putty I think it's called) is for filling in those little pits. Spot putty is way easier to sand because it doesn't really have to hold-up as much as just fill-in.

If you're using glazing putty then the you should use only like 300+ grit paper. From there you ought to move onto wet sanding with obnoxiously high grit paper(wet sand paper, not dry. You have to buy paper made for it.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back