For those that have gone before me, fav face paint for Cortana?

LadyTano

Season 1 Halo GIF by Paramount+

Calling all Cortana's...

Looking for recommendations on face paint. With so many different kinds and colors which have you had the best experiences with? smoothest application? water or alcohol? sponge, airbrush, brush?

Also, if you have pictures - I'd LOVE to see your Cortana!

It's not Cortana, but when my wife did her Twi'Lek Smuggler costume at Dragon Con and Celebration, I did her make up for her.

57039929_10103616233097163_8241090132673822720_n.jpg

I used Reel Creations alcohol based make up, applied with an airbrush. The make up itself was a bit pricey, but, it goes on so smooth and being Alcohol based will not rub off or run with sweat, even with no stay, setting, or sealer powder or spray. Of course, the downside is that you have to remove it with an alcohol based make up remover. I dd use a simple compact airbrush and compressor kit from Hobby Lobby, or Michael's,

It's not Cortana, but when my wife did her Twi'Lek Smuggler costume at Dragon Con and Celebration, I did her make up for her.

View attachment 340210

I sued Reel Creations alcohol based make up, applied with an airbrush. The make up itself was a bit pricey, but, it goes on so smooth and being Alcohol based will not rub off or run with sweat, even with no stay, setting, or sealer powder or spray. Of course, the downside is that you have to remove it with an alcohol based make up remover. I dd use a simple compact airbrush and compressor kit from Hobby Lobby, or Michael's,

Stunning! Always love Twi'leks! Did she mention if it irritated her skin at all? I've been hesitant to use alcohol based ones thinking they may be extremely drying

I’ve been summoned!

As a Bodypaint I use an AquaCream Makeup body paint by Kiomi in two shades. Shade C90 for the most parts and the darker shade c96 for contouring (used blue eyeshadow before I got that one). Everything else is LOTS of blue highlighter. For application I just use a beauty blender. After that a ton of fixing power and a setting spray. If I’m not sweating it holds for a whole day

IMG_3984.jpeg
IMG_3485.jpeg

(Also including the Weapon which is still missing a lot of details but who cares. Still got asked if I was Data from Star Trek)
IMG_4036.jpeg

Last edited:
Stunning! Always love Twi'leks! Did she mention if it irritated her skin at all? I've been hesitant to use alcohol based ones thinking they may be extremely drying
The make up itself didn't bother her or dry out her skin while she was wearing it. Now at the end of the day after like 12 hours when she really wanted to get out of it and just poured some rubbing alcohol on a wash cloth and rubbed it off, that did dry out her skin and irritate it a bit.

Reel creations does sell a specific remover with moisturizer for their make up, and I had gotten some, but she was in just such a rush to get it off and wasn't in the mood to take it off slowly.

I also have another friend who used to do a Joker costume, including a full Torso version, and he also always used Reel Creations and never had any issues, even when he did his full chest in their white.

The make up itself didn't bother her or dry out her skin while she was wearing it. Now at the end of the day after like 12 hours when she really wanted to get out of it and just poured some rubbing alcohol on a wash cloth and rubbed it off, that did dry out her skin and irritate it a bit.

Reel creations does sell a specific remover with moisturizer for their make up, and I had gotten some, but she was in just such a rush to get it off and wasn't in the mood to take it off slowly.

I also have another friend who used to do a Joker costume, including a full Torso version, and he also always used Reel Creations and never had any issues, even when he did his full chest in their white.

I do have an off amazon airbrush machine so I'm going to dip my toes in the Reel Creations. Does it take very little to cover or am I looking at buying a big bottle? Thanks!

View attachment 340210

I used Reel Creations alcohol based make up, applied with an airbrush. The make up itself was a bit pricey, but, it goes on so smooth and being Alcohol based will not rub off or run with sweat, even with no stay, setting, or sealer powder or spray. Of course, the downside is that you have to remove it with an alcohol based make up remover. I dd use a simple compact airbrush and compressor kit from Hobby Lobby, or Michael's,

Yo! that color match between makeup and prosthetic, well done!

I do have an off amazon airbrush machine so I'm going to dip my toes in the Reel Creations. Does it take very little to cover or am I looking at buying a big bottle? Thanks!
For just the face and neck I would say we used around maybe 40 mLs, so, you don't need the big bottle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back