Boyscouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
boyscouting will be an experience i will always rember we always have so much fun at the campouts. some of you have talked about philmount. philmount if you dont know is a high-adventure camp in new mexico where you backpack arount the mountains there. our troop had a crew go last summer we racked up 80 miles in 2 weeks it was amasing. some fire stories that we have are amasing our troop is known for our fires. one fire we had at a private property we burned a trash heep and it went up in flames! trees 10-20 feet away started catching on fire. a more recent story we found a old metal smokestack lying down and we rolled it to our campsite set up, busted a hole near the bottem(to feed the fire) and lit it up it got so hot the metal turned red and we incenerated soda bottles in seconds. we also are very stupid with fire (dont complane to me if yo get burned doing this) we have a game we get like 3+ people in a circle and light a paper towel on the bottem and pass it around the circle to se who holds on last... i got burned bad during that. fishing stories. we where fishing a cupple months ago during boyscouts and it was at 1or 2am so we where a little tired (no not really we ration out softdrinks so we each get like 20 =P) and a kid cought a fish near me and need help landing it. so i give my pole to my friend and told he to wait for me to come back. i go land the fish and come back... hes gone aand my pole is gone so i think he took the rod with hem so i find hem and ask... he left it in my chair.. a fish draged my pole into the lake.... i am aspl (asstant senior petrol leader) and i am ranked star.. (if something is rong with this passage tell me my screen on my laptop is cracked so i cant tell.)

forgot but call out the "hell to the yes" if ya got some reach patches at the jambo

hell to the yes troop 44

btw JBETTS97 what was your subcamp? mine was 21

Subcamp? Im not sure what that is. We were in the braden camp site but im not sure what a subcamp is.

Well I was once in the BSA, I made it to Life Scout the one with the Heart on the badge with the Eagle, I was also in the OA, and I've been in several troops since my family has travelled so many times but the troop I was with the longest was Troop 66.

My troop is very fire-accident prone. The Whipped cream can I mentioned is minor compared to the white gas. So there was a scout with a sausage tin full of burning whitegas, a member of my troop decided it would be cool to hit the can and watch the gas fly flaming in the air. So he hit the can and the gas went flying, unfortunately he forgot to tell the can holder, who ended up having his eyebrows and first few skin layers burnt off. Both are still in scouts.

Are any of you from west coast troops? My province is holding a pacific jamboree for Scouts from BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and wherever else. It will be in summer 2011 and 3000 scouts are expected. The theme is Lord of the rings. I know Ill be there.

I'm from the 1st North Shore Sea to Sky district. Former APL PL, and future Queens venturer.

o lol devious you reminded me two big fire accident our troop has had is some one threw an axe body spray can into the fire.. it was a full can and shrapnel went every where. also some one threw a shotgun shell into the fire it was live no one got hurt...

no, but i ate a brownie once. actually i was in the scouts for about 2 years but i left for other things that i got involved with, ( built a dune buggy, started moto racing, and got more involved in armor ) so i left. i had some good times with it though such as some good camping trips and classes. don't think ill get in again though.

o lol devious you reminded me two big fire accident our troop has had is some one threw an axe body spray can into the fire.. it was a full can and shrapnel went every where. also some one threw a shotgun shell into the fire it was live no one got hurt...

The things people will do! All of our boys seem to be a little on the imature side. When the newest SPL was given the position (last week) The first thing he did was drop to the floor and do 'the worm' . Now dont get me wrong, I've known this guy for 11 years now and we're like brothers, but noone seems to understand the whole maturity thing. We went on a outing (just for fun) to Avalanche Bay (michigans largest indoor waterpark) and we made some coffe for the adults, trying to be courteous scouts. Well some of the boys all of a sudden yells, FIRE!!! ITS ON FIRE!!! ITS SMOKING!!!!! and starts to run around the room. We all come BLASTING into the other room to see if we could put it out. Turn out to be, It was steam. I said "Max, Thats steam" He says "What?" I said "Its STEAM! Not smoke, Its the water being evaporated by the hot coffe machine". He says to me "Its not on fire?" ..................(This wa a 13 year old boy that said this) LOL good times, good times. Keep the stories coming!

The things people will do! All of our boys seem to be a little on the imature side. When the newest SPL was given the position (last week) The first thing he did was drop to the floor and do 'the worm' . Now dont get me wrong, I've known this guy for 11 years now and we're like brothers, but noone seems to understand the whole maturity thing. We went on a outing (just for fun) to Avalanche Bay (michigans largest indoor waterpark) and we made some coffe for the adults, trying to be courteous scouts. Well some of the boys all of a sudden yells, FIRE!!! ITS ON FIRE!!! ITS SMOKING!!!!! and starts to run around the room. We all come BLASTING into the other room to see if we could put it out. Turn out to be, It was steam. I said "Max, Thats steam" He says "What?" I said "Its STEAM! Not smoke, Its the water being evaporated by the hot coffe machine". He says to me "Its not on fire?" ..................(This wa a 13 year old boy that said this) LOL good times, good times. Keep the stories coming!

Thats not as bad as my new scouts boiling water and then having it boil over and steam go everywhere and then they though the water was on fire. 2 out of the 3 of them are like, rediculously stupid. Like beyond Herp Derp.

what??? ok what jambo troop im 2020

I was in 2136.

Thats not as bad as my new scouts boiling water and then having it boil over and steam go everywhere and then they though the water was on fire. 2 out of the 3 of them are like, rediculously stupid. Like beyond Herp Derp.

WOW. Ok, you win lol

During a camping trip, a brother of one of the scouts was messing around and almost fell into the fire, we had to quickly grab him. That kid annoyed all of us.

Also My father put together some small rope and a can, If you know this, when you rub your fingers down it with a little water it makes a loud creepy noise. we went walking during the night, and he went into the woods without anyone knowing and started making the noise and scared everyone in the pack.
Later he said that he ended up being chased by another pack and after that he ran into a wild hog.

So yeah, my pack wasn't very good. the leader was one of the kids mother, so other than the camping trips it was a lot of girlie things and for the box car races, he always won along with his brothers that weren't apart of the pack. which made many parents mad.

That's pretty bad.

Actually it defines herp derp

A submission to the regional camporee baking contest this year is by far one of the most entertaining, creative, and disgusting things I have ever seen. A patrol, forgetting to bring proper baking ingredients submitted cucumbers that had been boiled in orange flavored Tang crystals. The result looked like a fluorescent orange slug. Needless to say they got all the marks for creativity, but when it came to flavour, well... you get the idea.

how did i miss this fellow eagle scout and order of the arrow only thing was scribe, senior patrol leader, junior assistant scoutmaster. I think i ended up with 36 merit badges.

Earned my Eagle when I was 15, earned the Silver Palm when I was 17.

Most memorable even from scouting was my Philmont trip in summer of 2006. It was 11 days of pack packing in the desert mountains of New Mexico. We hiked over 100 miles over those 11 days, and my feet were DESTROYED by the time we got back. I had blisters (with growth rings) on both my heels, and my left big toe was badly infected from an ingrown toenail. I could hardly walk onto the plane.

But that didn't stop me from having a BLAST. I remember one morning in particular. We were up at about 9000 feet (right around Mt. Baldy), and a cold front had moved through at 4pm. Temps during dinner were a comfortable 75 degrees, the sky was clear, and there was NO humidity. Well, we get done with dinner and secure camp for the night (bear bags, packs out of the tents, etc). Before I go on, it's important to know something. With all the bears out in that area, you have to run all your food up a tree (essentially empty your packs), and then you put your packs AWAY from your tents. The only things that go into your tent is you, your sleeping bag, and your sleeping clothes, and you ALWAYS keep those FAR away from the food.

So we go to bed, and the temperature PLUMMETS overnight. It dropped down to about 25 degrees by midnight, and then another (weak) front moves through. So we woke up to about 4" of snow on the ground. Now, I'm a active sleeper, so I only wear boxers when I go to bed. I wake up to 4" of snow, and all I have is my boots and boxers to make it the 50 yards or so to my pack. And at 5 AM, the temperature is still down at 25. So I have several options: 1) stay in my nice warm sleeping bag until the crew leader yells at me to get going, or 2) suck it up and sprint to my pack. I choose option 2.

I pull my boots on and start sprinting towards my pack. I'm running just as hard as I can. Snow is flying up behind me, my legs are pumping hard, and my lungs are burning from sucking down cold air. And then I hit that ******* root. My left foot stopped. The rest of my body didn't. I ended up sliding about 20ft through the snow in nothing but my boxers and boots.

I pull my boots on and start sprinting towards my pack. I'm running just as hard as I can. Snow is flying up behind me, my legs are pumping hard, and my lungs are burning from sucking down cold air. And then I hit that ******* root. My left foot stopped. The rest of my body didn't. I ended up sliding about 20ft through the snow in nothing but my boxers and boots.

rofl'd for a wile we woke up one morning and being in texas it was a hot weekend so we all had lttle to no cloths on and no sleeping bags on so we woke up in the morning and frost everywhere its like 30 degrees and all the propane stoves where frozen shut... it sucked lol

rofl'd for a wile we woke up one morning and being in texas it was a hot weekend so we all had lttle to no cloths on and no sleeping bags on so we woke up in the morning and frost everywhere its like 30 degrees and all the propane stoves where frozen shut... it sucked lol

Dang man! that does suck!

I was in 2136.[/QUOTE]

hmm orlando eh, im in tallahassee im know im right but whats your councils name is it gulf stream?

I've been a Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader, a Quartermaster, and ending in a Junior Assistant Scoutmaster.
I also have the most badges in my troop- 76!

Oh, and for those of you who've been here for a while, I'm the man formerly know as Fenix Chief. Glad to be back, guys.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back