Breaking The Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farris

I'm building my thigh pieces using the Crackhead HD pieces. The problem I have is that the opening at the bottom is really way too tight. I've trimmed and added spacers but it's still pretty tight. Any recommendations?

If I could adjust the width and/or depth without adjusting the height in pep, that would be great.

Farris said:
I'm building my thigh pieces using the Crackhead HD pieces. The problem I have is that the opening at the bottom is really way too tight. I've trimmed and added spacers but it's still pretty tight. Any recommendations?

If I could adjust the width and/or depth without adjusting the height in pep, that would be great.

to adjust the width/ depth and not height you would have to use a 3d modeling program (3ds max). then re-unfold the piece in pep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have pics of what you've done so far? What kind of spacers did you add and where?

Short of Ben's suggestion (which would probably give you the best fit/looks), the easiest place I can think of for Crackhead's shins to widen the bottom would be to split a few seams up the front (where there is minimal detail) and add strips of cardstock to widen those seams.

Good luck!

@Ben: I'm not artistic at all. I don't know the first thing about doing my own unfold. Or doing anything in a 3D modeling program.

@MC: Right now the scale height is at 38cm. I'm 6'2". It's about 7cm short according to the Robo scale. I may need to just raise my codpiece some and/or just accept a little bit of overlap.

@Oreo: Talking about the thighs, not the shins. I don't have any pictures right now. I may get time to take some when I get home. But I added spacers of about 1/2 inch in 2 places at the back of the thigh at the bottom. They don't go all the way up because I didn't want to screw up any detail. I just finished putting supports into my space diaper so I can't put that on again til it's fiberglassed.

So should I just lift up my space diaper (which I will have to do anyway so I can walk with the cod piece) and maybe just accept a little bit of overlap at the top of the thigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back