• MIRAGE

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • ODST

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • RAKSHASA

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm printing mine in asa and using abs glue, I don't know if it will work on pla or other materials but it works great on asa. Before that I was using gorilla glue gel on the seems to hold the peices together then used jb weld plastic and that seemed to be strong enough.
Small note if you use abs glue, you need to make sure you hold the seems/joints together for about a minute to cure otherwise it will push apart.

I am late to the game, but I got my first 3d printer(Ender 3 v3 SE) a few weeks ago and immediately jumped down the rabbit hole of building my own Spartan, I am going for Jai-006 of Grey Team, armor which I believe is mostly Mark V(b) armor, with the air assault helmet, Operator left shoulder and MK V right shoulder, if there are other variations I am missing I'd love to hear about it. I got my friend who had a much larger printer to do the helmet in one go, and it will fit great with some padding, I've also printed the hand, forearm, bicep, and shoulder pieces and now starting from the feet up. so fair only a couple of failed prints, and some weak parts that snapped due to poor banding on my printer, but my scaling has been right on, and I look forward to getting started on the larger pieces and slicing them up and putting it all together in post-processing! Any tips or critiques are appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2864.jpg
    IMG_2864.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
Any ideas on how to make the legs a bit more wearable? I’ve printed one of the legs fully with all the side pieces and stuff but it’s super uncomfortable an I can’t bend my knee to walk properly. I know I’ll be taking off a bit of the top of the shin piece and it also doesn’t fit super well with the other thigh piece(I’m not sure how they should fit together as they are a bit big on me since I had to print the shin pieces bigger so I could take them on and off easier). Any ideas?
IMG_2050.jpeg
IMG_2051.jpeg

Oooo cool to see whats happening here! :0
Thinking of starting a project this weekend or next week, but I'll see if I'll remember to keep on watching :3
its gonna be my first and I'm not sure if the first piece I wanna work on is a good idea, but eh.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back