Bungie Teaser Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moneys on bungie releasing a version on disc as well as DLC.
Those who have a fast net connection may prefer to download it if it saves then a few $

xalener said:
I just thought of something.

This almost HAS to be on a seperate disk.

Alright. Most of us know how long it takes to download a simple map pack, right?

Now, Imagine FIVE HUGE MAPS with CUTSCENES inbetween, AI's, and TONS of voice dialogue.....Just think about it.

Why would this be a problem? They did it for Mass Effect. And you can download whole xbox games on XBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odessa-086 said:
Halo 3 prepare to drop...might be about the ODSTs? During Halo 2 Earth conflict, seeing how that's Mombassa the way we see it in Halo 2...

And anyone noticed this? ---

[attachment=6539:Clipboard01.jpg]

Absolutely! First time I watched it last night, my brother and I both
realized this is new mombasa. I won't post the video again because it's on here,
but the shot with the cars in the street is the same ally from H2 when you meet up with the
stranded marines from the crashed pelican when you touchdown on the level.
That zoomed in shot when the white light absorbs the screen throwing the drop pods
everywhere is when the Profit activated the split-space in the city.
While at Comic-con this last year, much talk about Peter Jackson's game was rumored,
but the extention to H3 seemed to be confirmed to everyone willing to talk about it except me.
ODST extention in post split-space ruptured New Mombasa is the best I have about it.
And somethime ago, GearBox took over the Halo franchise after Bungie.
So we'll expect a Gears of War styled Halo game invovling the ODSTs.. . . I Hope.

EDIT: I has question. When does this come out the 30th, 25th, Nov?
and what cameras from Bungie are we taking about?

gearbox took over the halo franchise? i don't believe they did... Microsoft still owns the rights to halo and Bungie will continue to be an integral part of the franchise.

Via IGN - UK, August 26, 2008 - Master Chief's next big outing could herald the launch of the next generation of consoles, with rumour abound that Halo 4 is to be amongst the first wave of titles for the Xbox 360's follow-up console.

Alluded to in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine, which has been thumbed by Joystiq, Gearbox is said to be working on the fourth installment proper in the bestselling series. Gearbox's own Randy Pitchford – currently doing the rounds extolling the virtues of the studio's imminent Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway – was recently quoted as saying of the company's next project, "When you find out what this is, you'll likely agree that I can't oversell this one."

Gearbox is also currently at work on Aliens: Colonial Marines, a full-blooded first person take on the film series that's proved such a rich inspiration for the Halo universe.

my bad... how on earth did i miss that?
and with that... that sucks, halo without bungie wont be the same... but that doesn't really go for halo wars, bungie had some oversight with that, didn't they?
urh, i feel like such a noob now...

I don't believe GearBox owns Halo entirely. Bungie still holds copyright over it, it seems like they've only let GB work on the next game/whatever it may be, i.e. given GB the right to use the storyline. Besides, these are all still rumors. "Believed, said to be, thought to be" etc. Would be good to get our hands on a piece of solid proof, an interview with someone or something like that...

for what i've read in all this, this is what i would guess:

possible Halo games: a game based on the background of the covenant, all the way back to the forerunners, a game about when master chief is woken, a game about what happens even before the fall of reach

now, the background of the covenant would be cool. but not likely.

about the forerunners: possible. we don't really know much about them, let alone WHO they are.

when master chief is woken: it does say DAWN is coming. the ship MC was on that broke apart was the ship "Forward Unto Dawn". Maybe he makes it back to earth, maybe he doesn't.

Before the fall of reach: what was the main concern of the marines before the covenant showed up?

also, there might be focus on the other Spartan teams MC wasn't involved in during the fall of reach.

most of this is just speculation, or wishful thinking. :D

I chopped up the 720p version into 1895 jpgs via quicktime. Interesting stuff. If anyone wants to host the folder for download, lemme know. 110.4mb of pictures.

Spartan_S17 said:
for what i've read in all this, this is what i would guess:

also, there might be focus on the other Spartan teams MC wasn't involved in during the fall of reach.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bungie had plans to build upon the events of the missing spartan Gray Team, who were too far away to be called back to defend Reach.

and I'm interested to see what GearBox can do. Keep in mind, these are the same guys who ported the 1st halo to PC and took some *ahem* creative liberties with it such as adding a warthog with a rocket turret, usable fuel rod gun, flame thrower, and the banshee to multiplayer.

this was the closest thread that had to do with whtas been going on at bungie lately but the mysterious boxes are being unpacked!
box.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

box5.jpg
new toys :p

Jason 'Biff' H said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Bungie had plans to build upon the events of the missing spartan Gray Team, who were too far away to be called back to defend Reach.

and I'm interested to see what GearBox can do. Keep in mind, these are the same guys who ported the 1st halo to PC and took some *ahem* creative liberties with it such as adding a warthog with a rocket turret, usable fuel rod gun, flame thrower, and the banshee to multiplayer.

Actually, the next Halo novel will be about Gray Team (perhaps tthat was what you read about?) so I don't think this game will be about that.

Odessa-086 said:
Actually, the next Halo novel will be about Gray Team (perhaps tthat was what you read about?) so I don't think this game will be about that.

duh... stupid me :p thanks for the correction. that was what i was thinking of.

ODST's would be awesome. I wonder how the gameplay dynamics would change not having the Spartan armor / shield...

Exciting teaser trailer for sure! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back