Potluck Choices

• Total voters

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is one of the Midwest's fastest-growing comic, pop-culture, and cosplay centric "Comic-Con"'s of the region. Celebrities, artists, voice actors and the like are all invited each year to the McCormick Place Center in Chicago each year to celebrate all things pop culture, and to give their fans what they want; a place to geek out over all their favorite media

Date: April 26th, 2024 - April 28th, 2024. (Condensed: 04/26/2024 - 04/28/2024)

Location: McCormick Place Center South Building, Chicago IL. (Google Maps link here.)

Event Website:

C2E2

We are currently ironing out details for this convention as of earlier this year. We would like any and all help from members for securing intel as follows:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photoshoots.
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
As a member who has frequented this convention successfully since it's early days I will now provide additional details/information to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being opinion, and in no way to be taken as fact or 100% accurate information.

1. Out of the few years, I have gone, for anyone who plans on driving each day or keeping their car in any location, I highly suggest bypassing Lot A and Lot B and going straight for Lot C. Not only has it proven to always have space, it is also always the last lot the con will attempt filling. Saturday it is always suggested to embark on the journey to the con early for Saturday because of how fast these lots fill up. As well as that, the walk to and from Lot C yield wonderful areas for photo shoots, whether they be indoor or outdoor. Inclement weather this year, in particular, must be factored in due to how early the convention will be.

2. Plan for heavy security routines each day of the conventions. Make sure your weapons are properly tagged before the convention to expedite the trip through the metal detectors and with staff as each day passes by. You will have to pass through them every time you leave the con's main area so make those trips in and out counts.

3. This convention varies in how strict they are on how present your pass must be while on the show floor. I suggest integrating your lanyard/pass into your suits for ease of access and easy to hide for photos. ( One of our members has a perfect example of this by his magnetics on his suit concealing the lanyard and he is able to remove the plate with ease in checkpoints)

4. The Hyatt hotel is directly connected to the convention center and makes for a large hub of pre and post con day activities. As well as that, it has a few bars and a restaurant connected to it. It makes for a great space as well to plan out daily activities with friends and other members. Unfortunately, you have to go through security to go from the Lot C approach entrance to the hotel and vice versa each time. Goes back to the saying, Make your trips count. Carrying quick repair kits with a handler or on your suit is suggested for this con in particular. You can also bypass walking the long haul through the con center by walking out the Hyatt and around to the Hilton, which is a measly 7 minute walk.

5. The green line runs through and to McCormick Place. While this info will not help everyone it is good to note.
Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Marriott Marquis Chicago (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Hilton Garden Inn (West McCormick) (HERE)
  • The Wheeler Mansion (HERE)
  • Chicago South Loop Hotel (HERE)
Final Thoughts:

2024 is the BIG year for this event. Not only is this one of the largest recorded attendance events for the 405th, I have finally fulfilled my wish of earning us a booth at the event that started my journey with the 405th back in 2014. With that being said, be your best, look your best, and lets make this an immensely successful event ReedPop won't soon forget!

In addition, last year we did run into the issue of folks waiting too long to purchase their passes. With that being said, I highly recommend while we we wait to hear if we can get a booth or panel, purchase your passes at in advance and at your own risk. I can not guarantee pass coverage compared to other events in 2023 until I know if we can get a pass

C2E2 Health and Safety Protocols

BOOTH SIGN UP AND PROP/COSTUME LIST

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

-
NobleofDeath16
- Spidermonkey60
- CherriDragon
- CrimsonViper97
- moderndaymarc
- BobRossIsMaDad
- MrJamin
- Fallen
- Wayward Flood
- marinesniper
- he4thbar
- Wraith0912
- N8TEBB
- Littlefoot1221
- SigmaProps
- Anlace cos
- nerdman234
- SoleofDeath +1
- OFiveTwo
- unfit armory
- Savagegiggles
- MosquitoBandito
- K994
- Spartan4204
- SpartanSweed
- JTF4
- Negativecacti
- Emp Frosty +1
- Purplehazey
- KGSupreme
- KaeSpoon
- Oddball422
- ODCA
- SamuelHan
- Wendi82
- jasonthebombero
- Angus314
- Rock Lobbster
- SluggZila
- Lieutenant Jaku
- CozmiqVixen
- PapaSola
- HoundsOfMeath
- Jocko03
- tahu505
- MicaHusky
- spitzkitz
- SSGLordErne
- Spideyman64
- SSGLordElmo
- Wicked Demon 15
- Kahn 319
- Off Earth - Saturday ONLY
- BHE Photos
- Tesla
- ImmortalReaver
- WandererTJ

Tentative Attendees:

- Due to Size of Attendance, will only record folks confirmed to go.

Hotel Reservations: AVAILABLE NOW

Badge Purchase: HERE

The Inaugural C2E2 Prom: A Celebration of 15 Years of Fantasy in Chicago​

Friday, April 26, 2024
8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Main Stage in S406

Get ready for a fantasy soiree after dark at C2E2’s inaugural prom! Don your finest, nerdiest fantasy themed attire and prepare to dance the night away with us.

Admission is included in your ticket.
The Prom is recommended for Fans over 16 years old. Younger fans will be admitted with a guardian
Cash bar and concessions available.

Step into a realm of enchantment and adventure at our fantasy-themed prom here at C2E2! Join fellow adventurers for an unforgettable evening of dancing, cosplay, and nerdy revelry. With admission included in your purchase of tickets to C2E2, prepare to enjoy this night filled with fun and whimsy sponsored by Alamo Drafthouse!

Notes:
This is the first year that C2E2 has hosted this event and we aim to dress to impress! Many of us are matching suits/ dresses to our helmets and plan to dress to the nines!

Please plan to be dressed and ready as the party starts at 8pm! We would like to take photos prior to heading in but details on that shoot are still being worked out. Make sure if you have an end of day booth slot that you dress prior to your slot to account for end of day booth cleanup.

Dinner Plans:

Due to the size of our group this year, a traditional sit down WILL NOT be possible. With that being said. I propose we utilize to potluck style we utilized prior. Voting has been adjusted to local options that have delicious food options that we can also set up catering for later in the evening if necessary. WE will use our original photoshoot space near the Hilton Garden Inn Skywalk as in the evening they have tons of couches and furnishings we can move around as needed once the convention center is closed for the day.

- Papa Johns (Catering)
- Al's Italian Beef (Catering)

Dinner, once decided upon, will be held at 8pm CST with food for catering ordered at most an hour to 24 hours prior if possible.

Photoshoot:

Official C2E2 Meet Up:
1713198670670.png

Main 405th Shoot Detai
ls:
Halo 405th Additional Content Opt-In Sign-Up

The photoshoot will be on Saturday, April 27th, 2024
Time: 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Approx.
Indoor Shoot: From the right from Hyatt-side convention center entrance, by escalators.

412729657_749256629904000_6582855422820367342_n.jpg
413151341_1747669149079686_3137839185131641059_n.jpg
413853271_352580164172230_2482713879178385349_n.jpg
412660815_684459423816585_3421849651482949472_n.jpg

413282178_760601335996258_6939871912676202664_n.jpg

Photographer Information:

Komorebi Flash Media

Personelle: Robin / He/Him (owner), Padmé / They/Them (assistant)

Email for general contact: a.matthew.limited@gmail.com

Facebook page: Komorebi Flash Media
Instagram: www.instagram/komorebi_flash

Shoot Details: Our shoot sessions due to our given size its being given a proper allotment of time to capture spectacular Halo content for. WE have flexibility for between 2.5 hours to a whopping 4 hours if necessary to utilize our photographers for. The plan is we will have three photographers on sight. Two working as a team for all our 405th Centric shoots as well as to do solos and custom content. The third, will be a floater who is coming with Frosty as he did some work for us back in PKCC.

Members will have the opportunity to come up with content ideas which would include 3-4 photos individual + all group photos + group video clips. This content will be rated at 30.00 USD per participant who choses to opt for this content and will be edited and distributed by our main two photographers. Photographers will be aware of certain content they can not shoot in 405th representation such as implied harm to civilians, victory crouching, etc. Fight your friends, not our fans.

If for any reason you can not pay at the time of the event a invoice will be created for those who do not pay for content and will be distributed via email after the event if you chose to purchase your content after the fact from our photographers. I will be gathering this information and compiling it for them before the event to use.

All group photos that are listed as staple 405th posing and groups will be available for free to all members, and payment is NOT required to participate in the shoot. It is encouraged for professional personal and group content. A list will be curated for the photographers beforehand and they will run this as a tight schedule to allow time for custom content/groups/videos per my directive.

After the shoot, we will proceed from our shoot sight demonstrating a "Show of Force" walk from site to the main convention floor, large C2E2 letters, and perform what we can of a large lap/walk through of the center within reason. It is encouraged during this time to play your part of the Halo Universe; be courteous, be inspiring, and keep it clean.

PANELS:

Panel Name: Welcome to the 405th

Description: Step into the fascinating realm of Halo costuming at the Meet the 405th panel. Join the 405th Infantry Division as they unveil the global community dedicated to crafting Halo costumes and props. Discover who we are, what we do, and how to get involved, while learning about the supportive resources available within the 405th community. Whether you're a seasoned cosplayer or a beginner, this panel is your gateway to the artistry and camaraderie of the 405th. Don't miss the chance to explore the secrets behind creating stunning Halo armor and connect with like-minded enthusiasts!

Date: Sunday, April 28th

Time: 11:15AM-12:15PM

Participants:
NobleofDeath16
SSGLordErne
JTF4
ODCA
Angus314
Rock Lobbster

Panel Name: Armor 101

Description: Immerse yourself in the art of Halo costuming with the 405th Infantry Division during our Armor 101 panel. Whether you're a seasoned cosplayer or a beginner, join us for an overview of the key steps involved in crafting Halo costumes and props. Explore diverse construction methods, from the precision of 3D printing to the versatility of foam and the intricate art of pepakura. Discover how to take your armor to the next level with electronics, adding dynamic elements to bring your creation to life. Bring your questions and let Armor 101 be your introduction to the world of Halo costuming, connecting you with the 405th community and inspiring your journey in cosplay. Don't miss this chance to get a glimpse into the fascinating process of creating iconic Halo armor!

Date: Sunday, April 28th

Time: 3:45PM-4:45PM

Participants:
NobleofDeath16
Spidermonkey60
JTF4
ODCA
Fallen
SSGLordBert

Last edited:
Trying to convince the Mrs. To go next year for an early wedding anniversary trip. ATM iv tentative

it will be my first one there. ( Count me in ) what hotels does anyone recamend just dm me so we don't tie up this thread..
The info is useful for anyone who hasn't attended before, so I will post it here. There are some hotels listed in the first post.

Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Marriott Marquis Chicago (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Hilton Garden Inn (West McCormick) (HERE)
  • The Wheeler Mansion (HERE)
  • Chicago South Loop Hotel (HERE)

I've personally stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and Home2Suites (not listed above) and enjoyed both.

The info is useful for anyone who hasn't attended before, so I will post it here. There are some hotels listed in the first post.

I've personally stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and Home2Suites (not listed above) and enjoyed both.
Thank you so much for the info
update: booked my room so im all set im geeking about getting to go to this one

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back