CALGARY EXPO 2024 SIGN UP

All good. I'm doing my best to put aside my bitterness and actually go to the expo, so I'll be around to cover etc. as well as Zylenko being an extra available body too.
That really sucks that Expo did you dirty like that James. Been hearing they've started screwing vendors and artists over on short notice a lot lately.

Come spend time with friends and don't let them ruin a good weekend with their BS.

That really sucks that Expo did you dirty like that James. Been hearing they've started screwing vendors and artists over on short notice a lot lately.

Come spend time with friends and don't let them ruin a good weekend with their BS.
Yeah, I'm hearing that too. Really not impressed.
I had always planned on coming to after party shenanigans for sure, I just don't wanna support them now ya know? But in a few days or a week I'll be less mad...maybe. Either way, I'll be seeing you all for sure.

I had always planned on coming to after party shenanigans for sure, I just don't wanna support them now ya know? But in a few days or a week I'll be less mad...maybe. Either way, I'll be seeing you all for sure.
Yessss all the shenanigans!

You'd better cause the booth needs another dance party lol

Got a little vest for volunteers or folks who come in for photos thrown together.
1000006280.jpg

Sorry, a bit off topic but does anyone know how to get your visor to stop fogging up?
Hoping to have it solved before expo so I'm not walking blind around lol
Theres the extensive route of fans (3cm-4cm) in your helmet, at least that's what i did and it seems to work. Or there are anti-fog wipes for visors you can get that work pretty well

Those are the only things i can think of, hope this helps a little

Theres the extensive route of fans (3cm-4cm) in your helmet, at least that's what i did and it seems to work. Or there are anti-fog wipes for visors you can get that work pretty well

Those are the only things i can think of, hope this helps a little
I was thinking anti fog spray but I've heard it's hit and miss. I was thinking of getting fans for my helmet but it already is wired for the side lamps and I don't know how much more room I'll have inside and how much time I'll have to work on it. Currently trying to finish my MA40 too

Rita will be joining us once again to help out where needed. She's working on a Halsey. Not sure about it being done for this event but hopefully Gamecon!

Elyairis - let me know if you need a hand with the corset. I've made a lot of them and might have a trick or two. You've got mad skillz though so probably nothing you don't already know but ya never know!

Rita will be joining us once again to help out where needed. She's working on a Halsey. Not sure about it being done for this event but hopefully Gamecon!

Elyairis - let me know if you need a hand with the corset. I've made a lot of them and might have a trick or two. You've got mad skillz though so probably nothing you don't already know but ya never know!
Aww thank you so much! Ill have to pick your brain as It's definitely a learning curve. I'm about halfway through upgrading VonSnake Corset and so far it seems like it'll hold up better compared to last year, but won't know for sure until Expo.

Sorry, a bit off topic but does anyone know how to get your visor to stop fogging up?
Hoping to have it solved before expo so I'm not walking blind around lol
Take a towel with some shampoo on it and coat the inside of your visor with it. Used it all the time.e on sled helmets, just wash off after expo is done.

Aww thank you so much! Ill have to pick your brain as It's definitely a learning curve. I'm about halfway through upgrading VonSnake Corset and so far it seems like it'll hold up better compared to last year, but won't know for sure until Expo.
Let's take a look at what the issues are that you're having at Expo and I'll see if I can come up with some ideas!

I was thinking anti fog spray but I've heard it's hit and miss. I was thinking of getting fans for my helmet but it already is wired for the side lamps and I don't know how much more room I'll have inside and how much time I'll have to work on it. Currently trying to finish my MA40 too
I have fans in some helmets and I find that they are more helpful for air circulation rather than necessarily for anti-fogging. Mostly though they just end up drying out my contacts. haha

I have fans in some helmets and I find that they are more helpful for air circulation rather than necessarily for anti-fogging. Mostly though they just end up drying out my contacts. haha
I got some fans on Amazon so I'm going to try them since it was getting warm in my helmet when I was test fitting everything.

Take a towel with some shampoo on it and coat the inside of your visor with it. Used it all the time.e on sled helmets, just wash off after expo is done.
Trying it!

FYI to anyone not in the discord. A thread has been made in there for updates, mainly for day of communications and up to the minute updates during the con.
Check it out here to stay informed during the weekend:

Major booth updates are as follows
We are confirmed for the 20x20 space. This is great for us as we are more likely to be renewed for the future at similar space sizes. We will need to brainstorm some ideas to bring a level of interaction with the show to ensure we can get more space/opportunity in the future. In talks with Calgary they again impressed on us the 501 like connection. Be it red carpet line ups, specific photo ops, etc. if we want to expand and get stuff like change room space.

Current thoughts are:
Nerf Blaster Range- This has been a big hit at other shows and we may benefit from creating one. We can make targets from Halo and use the Nerf branded blasters plus supervision to keep an eye on things. This will require 2 volunteers to run however. Please keep in mind this would be for 2025.

Live armor build for something quick. H3 Marine Helmet maybe? Calgary is adding a workshop room for folks to run panels or demos in. This would also be something to consider for Edmonton Expo or Calgary in 2025.

Halo Jeopardy Panel with a 405/Halo themed prize.

Halo Character team up times for photos. Chief Cortana, Noble Team, ODST's. Etc.

We can potentially test out some of these ideas at Edmonton Expo pending out space allotment.

Other Booth News: We had to drop one of the pipe drape walls. I tried to get it reduced or shortened to 10ft long 8ft high to accommodate a change room, but as it stands we will have to rejig things. We may be an end cap or sharing a back wall with the ghostbusters. In any case I know we can make it work. We may only have a storage spot so please don't plan to change on site like we did for Game Con. We can assess and shore up on site.

As James mentioned the is a Discord thread as well for updates. Please use this if you'll be late, or have to change any volunteer slots due to hunting autographs and such. Life happens, just please make sure folks are in the know. I also know at least one person is competing on Saturday so if any one wants to attend or is also competing please just make sure someone is there to cover. We're a cosplay centric booth and need to try to keep at least 2 folks in kit at the photo area.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out and ask them here or in the discord. I'm booking the Uhaul for the walls tomorrow. We will be expected to book our times to load in again. Please get in touch with me if you have to use the loading dock for any booth related drop offs. I will be looking to load in on Thursday between 9 and 10:00 am as I have to work Wednesday. If you need any times I can book and forward you the passes.

Thanks so much!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back