Can Anyone Do Anything With This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

been lurking around here for a long time as a guest, and remember seeing requests for a BSG helmet Pepakura (probably in the Pepakura request thread, can't recall)

Anyway as I am a noob I can't post this in the pepakura area.

Long story short ;)

Found this file on the net, I have no idea what can be done with it as I am not a 3d modeler or Pep wizkid.

I do not know who the author is, or how to contact them for permission, so hope I am not doing a bad thing by posting this.

have a look, ya never know it may be of use.

BSG pep

Deadalus Thron said:
Hey all,

been lurking around here for a long time as a guest, and remember seeing requests for a BSG helmet Pepakura (probably in the Pepakura request thread, can't recall)

Anyway as I am a noob I can't post this in the pepakura area.

Long story short ;)

Found this file on the net, I have no idea what can be done with it as I am not a 3d modeler or Pep wizkid.

I do not know who the author is, or how to contact them for permission, so hope I am not doing a bad thing by posting this.

have a look, ya never know it may be of use.

BSG pep

Hi,

there is definitly some cleanup to do, lot of open edges. And its not unfoldet yet. It can be fixed with ease.

I´m working on the stargate stuff right now, but if you are patient i will do it for you.

Can´t promise you when thoug.

Edit: There are 31800 verts in this mesh :eek

You can´t just download some high res modles and throw them into pepakura, it would probably take years to build something

that big.

Last edited by a moderator:
BackBONE said:
Hi,

there is definitly some cleanup to do, lot of open edges. And its not unfoldet yet. It can be fixed with ease.

I´m working on the stargate stuff right now, but if you are patient i will do it for you.

Can´t promise you when thoug.

Cheers BackBone :)

not to worried for myself, just thought it may be a start for some of the BSG fans who can tidy and unfold :)

Yeh! saw that it was high vert count, I didnt do that, what I uploaded was what I found.

thought it may not be workable, and don't know how to convert to Obj or 3dsm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back