Cardboard Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCaboose

So I decided to make some pieces from cardboard since thee has been a abundance of it in my house and I was wondering,

How well does cardboard take resin and fiberglassing?

Thanks

In my experience, carboard takes resin pretty well, but the resin won't always permeate the cardboard. It's pretty hard to make an accurate piece out of cardboard... Bondo acts pretty much the same. warning: Don't wrap your piece in duct tape then try to resin or rondo (resin and rondo mix) it. It won't work....

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Resin will work fine with cardboard, unless you use "Shiny" cardboard.

As long as you will use "Regular" brown cardboard it will absorb the resin and be quite tough...

And to those who suspect that cardboard cant be accurate... (Featherweights cardboard BR)

halobrcardboard3.jpg

Feather weight is the dude from cosplay.com who made the tutorial for the helmet out of cardboard I'm trying to make.

Thanks for the info guys.

Kodorei said:
Resin will work fine with cardboard, unless you use "Shiny" cardboard.

As long as you will use "Regular" brown cardboard it will absorb the resin and be quite tough...

And to those who suspect that cardboard cant be accurate... (Featherweights cardboard BR)

halobrcardboard3.jpg

He is right! I used it to add details to my forearms and it works great.

KODOREI!!! Thanks for joining us on the site. I've had your blog site bookmarked like forever!!

http://gundamgeek.tumblr.com/

Love your Gundam!!! You look great in it and it looks great on you!!!

Please share more of you CB skills and well as prop "stuff!"

WELCOME!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back