Carmine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there was anyway to buy gears of war carmine armor for a reasonable price. I am very bad at pep and the files seem complicated. I cant see the classefieds yet, thus the post in the noob forum. Any help appreciated. Thanks

we do not sell armor here... we make armor.

with that being said. you best chance is to pep the armor, you wont find it reasonably priced. i know i read your post you arent good at it, but pep isnt hard it is just time consuming... so get that cardstock and that glue and get to work.

Cardboard. I suck at pep too, but it's hard to suck ar cardboard when you have the right tools...

Post around for a while (constructive please), and soon you will become a Veteran.

But if you do not like to help others, NAS (NightmareArmourStudios) has some pretty neat Carmine Armours.

Project Triforce is Nightmare Armor Studios. They are the only ones that manufacture complete Gears suits. Just to warn you, they are not cheap. If you don't have a few grand to throw at it, you're out of luck getting it there.

We have a few folks that have built their own here, search for their threads to get some tips if you decide to build. Some have molded pieces but I'm nearly positive nobody has a full molded suit with helm.

There are no suits currently for sale in the classifieds to give you a straight answer on that one. Sorry man. Hope you find a solution.

unsc_marine said:
Thanks for all the help. I will probably start practicing pep, and see how it goes from there. Thanks again

If you can't work that long just doing pep, play a some music, an audio book, or put a movie on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, just keep working at it.

I started with a normal def gauntlet just to get the hang of things. The high def gauntlet is still frustrating even though I've got pepping down to a science. :)

After thinking about this a little, I might try to make this out of various parts like football shoulder pads, tactical knee pads, a brown pistol holster, and back plates for the shoulder pads. Haven't thought out the helmet yet. This won't be detailed armor, rather various things painted and the put together to look like armor. Also, without fiberglass, bondo, and all of that stuff, I could use this armor for airsoft/paintball (not trying to discuss that here, I know about the liability issues).

Here's my cardboard one. It isn't that hard to make but it isn't that accurate.
p_00066.jpg

That's an unfinished one I don't have any pics of it done, sorry.

Wow thanks! I cant find good ref pics yet, but i have one of the Carmine action figure. Link: http://www.britepic.com/gallery.php?id=452...h+Action+Figure

I'm still looking for other pictures, I'll post them here when I find them.

edit: chest pic of figure: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

edit: side pic (left side, all I could find. Does it matter?): http://static.videogamer.com/videogamer/im...of_war_2_10.jpg

edit: http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/GOW2/TheGame.ht...ndulumWarsBegin A pic of a pendulum wars era Gear. Looks the same.

thanks again

@Darkslitter: Thats really good. I tried cardboard but it didn't turn out good. My cardboard skills=semi-fail.

The chest of the figure is perfect but the side (is correct his left or our right) his arm in the way.

EDIT:
this is one of the pictures i found. Its a good picture of the front

gears-of-war-20060714024930523.jpg

EDIT2;
This is the only picture i found from the side but its facing the wrong way

cogside2.jpg

Well, I like C.O.Gs but their boots are huge and chunky. So, with that said, you could pep. If you wanna buy, use ebay. Triforce is so expensive, with our economy, you'll probably commit suicide before you get the armor.

toddler911 said:
Triforce is so expensive, with our economy, you'll probably commit suicide before you get the armor.

lol. Yeah, I was thinking that. My only chance for Triforce armor is the lottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey I still suck at pep. Granted I made a mark VI helmet, and an Army of two mask. Dont give up man, you'll never get better if you dont try, even if you mess up. As the old saying goes, "you gotta break a couple eggs to make an omlette."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back