**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, back to the Halo 3 build. I haven't gotten any further on the permutation (it's been a nasty cold winter), but I've been toying with an idea for displaying my armor. As of now it's sitting in a plastic bin, sort of depressing. Since I will most likely be displaying it in my work shop, and I want to avoid getting saw dust and shop grime on it, I wanted it to be enclosed; so, after seeing a thread by U513, I've been inspired to build a display case for my armor. I've decided to stylize it after a UNSC cryo pod. Here is a picture of the current design...

c54d2633-bcc0-49bf-9c9c-1f277496e2e5_zps64badc2c.jpg

lol i saw your post in U513's thread so i came here to see if you started posting and TA-DA here it is. I cant wait to see this thing built.

I got a little bit further along in the design. Here's the update...

01a_zps96439204.jpg

03a_zps0b9b6473.jpg

I know that a true cyro pod door opens upward, but for the sake of space, I've opted to make it open more like a traditional door. It will be hung using three heavy duty door hinges.

And to add in a little flare, I've decided to incorporate internal lights and a small status display dash at the base...

02_zps258d7f50.jpg

02A_zpsa653785b.jpg

It might be a little difficult to see, so I'll explain it a bit. The lights in the red box are going to be on, constantly. The lights in the green box are going to be alternating back and forth. The lights in the blue box will all flash randomly. The lights in the orange box will be a chaser circuit. Finally, in the yellow box, I'm going to incorporate a screen from a LCD picture frame with a picture of a status read-out that I will mock up in photoshop.

Let me know what you think.

One of those translucent blue Cortana action figures on a nearby pedestal lit up from the bottom would look cool with this.

I got a little bit further along in the design. Here's the update...

01a_zps96439204.jpg

03a_zps0b9b6473.jpg

I know that a true cyro pod door opens upward, but for the sake of space, I've opted to make it open more like a traditional door. It will be hung using three heavy duty door hinges.

And to add in a little flare, I've decided to incorporate internal lights and a small status display dash at the base...

02_zps258d7f50.jpg

02A_zpsa653785b.jpg

It might be a little difficult to see, so I'll explain it a bit. The lights in the red box are going to be on, constantly. The lights in the green box are going to be alternating back and forth. The lights in the blue box will all flash randomly. The lights in the orange box will be a chaser circuit. Finally, in the yellow box, I'm going to incorporate a screen from a LCD picture frame with a picture of a status read-out that I will mock up in photoshop.

I usually give my stuff away to the neighborhood kids,friends or damaged by my daughters to need to build something like this although I love the idea. what about a weapons rack like the resupply capsules.
I know that your are in the planning stage but are you going to included sounds when you open the door.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kurt have a weapon rack under his mark V storage locker. plus in the book it talked about there being a green light shining down on the armor, and if i was to put a weapon rack I'd put in the back of the pod, not inside but on the out side or just make the whole back into it, just making it look like the one from FUD.

One of those translucent blue Cortana action figures on a nearby pedestal lit up from the bottom would look cool with this.

Oooh, I like that idea. Unfortunately, since this will be in my shop, it will just have to be the pod itself (space is sort of at a premium), at least, for now anyway.

I know that your are in the planning stage but are you going to included sounds when you open the door.

Not something I had considered, but it would be pretty cool to open up the door and hear a symphony of beeps and monitor whistles. I'll have to crack open Halo CE and Halo 4 and hang out by the open cryo pod to see if it makes any sort of noise. I know there's a sound when the door opens, but I think the monitor sounds would be cooler.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kurt have a weapon rack under his mark V storage locker. plus in the book it talked about there being a green light shining down on the armor, and if i was to put a weapon rack I'd put in the back of the pod, not inside but on the out side or just make the whole back into it, just making it look like the one from FUD.

I won't try to correct you since it's been such a long time since I've read any of the books, and sadly have fallen out of pace with the graphic novels. I had considered a weapons rack. However, as I only have one weapon (my BR55HB), I would have to find a way to mount it to the side. Inside wouldn't really work. If I was modeling this more toward an ODST drop pod, it would, but I don't think it would be wise to put a weapon in cryo with you. I may not incorporate it at all and try to build a weapons rack later on when I produce a more sizable array of weapons.

Also, I had planned on adding in a few internal lights as well as the monitor dash. I'll incorporate CCFL lights above the head and behind the monitor dash shining upward. I'm still not sure what color to use yet; white, blue or green. Opinions?

I had considered a weapons rack. However, as I only have one weapon (my BR55HB), I would have to find a way to mount it to the side. Inside wouldn't really work. If I was modeling this more toward an ODST drop pod, it would, but I don't think it would be wise to put a weapon in cryo with you.
You could try to make it like the weapons rack(s) in Landfall, like at 1:25. Just make it so that it's always up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the room for that, blackout, I'd be all over it.

Anyway, small update. Thanks to Crimmson, who PMed me with an extracted status board readout, I was able to mock up the first few iterations of the status display that will be shown on the LCD screen...

This is what I'm thinking...

CPStatus1_zps601f7603.jpg

or this...

CPStatus2_zps78625d8f.jpg

or this...

CPStatus3_zps22fec838.jpg

And here's the view on the dash...

CP_zps7c4165f3.jpg

...and a little closer...

CP2_zps0dbf5190.jpg

I've started looking for cheap LCD picture frames, and I've already found a few promising candidates on line for less than $20; but I'm going to look at a few local stores before I buy anything online.

With the LCD monitor showing in blue (I suppose I could always play with the hue and make it green or any other color), it's looking like the CCFLs will be blue as well.

Edit: Green?

CPStatus4_zps9cf38182.jpg

I like the second blue screen with the red classified status the best personally. I think the green would be too much as you will already have an entire suit painted green inside the cryo pod. The blue will be a nice contrast.

Have you tried it in red. Sorry I like the color red. I do like the blue and red one as well. Also I am glad you said something, I was going to sift through about 3400 bitmaps from halo 3. I was also trying to find you some sounds but I failed in getting them out.

This seems like a really cool idea to store armor, ive been thinking for months on how im going to store my armor and i think this is how it should be done. I think im going to try my crack at designing one like very similar to yours but with the slant and the upward moving glass cover or whatever its made out of. But very good job on the design *Thumbs up*

-Virti

Have you tried it in red. Sorry I like the color red. I do like the blue and red one as well. Also I am glad you said something, I was going to sift through about 3400 bitmaps from halo 3. I was also trying to find you some sounds but I failed in getting them out.

Here it is in red...

CPStatus5_zps87818d1a.jpg

I'm not quite a fan of it as I am the blue. Blue status screens are sort of synonymous with the UNSC, so I'll probably stick with that. And don't sweat the sounds; if I decide to pursue that, I'll figure something out.

This seems like a really cool idea to store armor, ive been thinking for months on how im going to store my armor and i think this is how it should be done. I think im going to try my crack at designing one like very similar to yours but with the slant and the upward moving glass cover or whatever its made out of. But very good job on the design *Thumbs up*

-Virti

I'm glad to have inspired. Remember, though, that this idea stemmed from the project U513 is working on here...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/40901-Mjolnir-Armour-Safe-Storage-vessel

The Blue with the red classified works because Cortana is blue and most of the panels on the ships have blue screens this is a great Idea you should also make the case look frosted with ice

you should also make the case look frosted with ice

I'm actually already debating this. I'd like to simulate the frosting, but at the same time I don't want to obscure the view of the armor. If I keep it to just the corners, it would probably work pretty well.

I agree with Vshore and you, i like the blue with the red classified. Also i think that if you just did the frosted look in the corners that it would work out really well :)
This way the awesome suit is still able to be seen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back