Casting Already Made Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN G83

So , I wanted to make a cast of my armor for a friend of mine, that way me and her can go to a con together :D were both big halo nerds and were proud of it :cool: I have a suit,its pretty rocking but I'm trying to make a duplicate, butt i don't know how i would go about making a mold for all of the parts

could any one direct me?

I'm guessing you bought it.
Well, the best route to go is to use products from smoothon.com use rebound 25 for your molding silicone, and smooth cast 300 for slush casting the pieces.

heh, you're askign how to recast Nightmare armor? Or am I reading this wrong.

Might wanna ask Sid about that one... heh.

Looks like you got a Nightmare suit. You can't recast that.

Besides, with the cost of molding supplies you could just buy another one from NAS anyway. Personally, I'd get a muckle suit from Adam and a helm from Walter or Devin. It would be cheaper and more accurate.

Basically, it's not right to recast something that someone made for you without permission.
Like what sigma said, buy an adam suit and helm from Devin of Walter. They look WAY better.

I can kinda understand, but like I made the entire bottom half with the whole pep thing, so i put alot of work into it, I'm not selling it, im not advertising with it, i just wanted to do something nice for my best friend :/ so I am in a jam for sure :(

SPARTAN G83 said:
I can kinda understand, but like I made the entire bottom half with the whole pep thing, so i put alot of work into it, I'm not selling it, im not advertising with it, i just wanted to do something nice for my best friend :/ so I am in a jam for sure :(

Doing something nice for your friend is cool and all but casting supplies to do a suit is easily a couple hundred of dollars. Not to mention the recasting thing, no one likes that here. I wouldnt like it if you recast something of mine, even if you gave it to a friend. I would say cast your own created parts but not the other stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
what they are saying is you can cast anything you made. Things you didn't make you have to ask first.
Buying a suit (upper body) might cost just about the same as molding something(depends) since molding can be costly as well (like if you mess up and have to start all over again) I suggest helping your friend make a suit since you know how to use pep. Work together on a whole suit and mold that even. just a thought/idea

well I wish I was skilled enough like you guys, but I'm not, I'll do what works, and her and I were planing on splitting cost , I'll ask to show I'm trying to be respectful and courteous , I don't know how to do any of this, I'm lucky I have gotten this far from the help this site and those that add there knowledge to the mix

SPARTAN G83 said:
well I wish I was skilled enough like you guys, but I'm not, I'll do what works, and her and I were planing on splitting cost , I'll ask to show I'm trying to be respectful and courteous , I don't know how to do any of this, I'm lucky I have gotten this far from the help this site and those that add there knowledge to the mix
pepakura dosnt require skill just practice. just scale your armor correctly and start working on small peices like hand plates, and shoulders then work on peices a bit bigger like biceps, and calfs. im sure you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're asking if you can go and essentially copy somebody else's work?

Short answer: no. It's wrong to recast other people's work. Plus it's expensive to do so - you might as well make your own.

Pickle or not, there are plenty of legitimate ways to get armor, and it's better all around if you either make it yourself or buy in the parts. There's plenty up for grabs at the moment.

we have had plenty of trouble with recasters and fakes in the past, its just immoral and is plagarism/copyright infringement. If it's your own work, by all means, recast it, but if you bought the part, keep it to yourself. NAS and all the guys that sell their armor work hard on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back