Chefbzd's Reach Spartan build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very sturdy, its just 110# cardstock from staples, but for some reason, the colored cardstock seems sturdier than the plain white...

Looks great. You can fix the helm by lightly heating, and popping it out. As to card stock yes, Just because it says it's 110lb doesn't make it so. Go with the thicker stuff (colored) it will help you greatly.
This is just going to be a awesome build when you're done with it.

Thanks for that! Subscribed +1!

Just a little tidbit until I update the torso progress, this is an EVA shoulder that I pepper about a month ago, it was way too small so I used it to experiment with some foam insulation. I filled the inside of it with the foam, not realizing how much it would expand over the the curing process...which was A LOT. After about 8 hours it was looking good, then it starting warping all over so I stuck a few pencils in the foam as supports to hold its shape. After about three days it stopped warping and I removed the pencils, carved off the excess foam and to my suprise it came out pretty freakin awesome! It is lightweight and super hard, feels like real armor. If you are patient, I definately suggest this method for parts where the backside of the model will be exposed (shoulders, knee caps, hand plates, etc.).
IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

I've been using expanding foam for my 1st build its great!
Your build is looking great! I will be watching this. Great work!

Heavy progress on the torso tonight, its looking sweet. It appears to be about 75% complete, yet there are still 73 PIECES LEFT! Also finished pepping biceps (needed to walk away from the torso for a bit), will post pictures in the morning...
I actually forgot to "show edge I.D." before printing one of the biceps...didn't want to waste the paper so I went for it, no number guides...brutal task, but it came out perfect!

Anybody know a place in Palm Beach county to buy Smooth-cast or something similar? I can't rondo much at my apartment, the fumes travel to everyone else's balconies...and I don't want to pay $20 for shipping :(

First off. . . Stellar work. Love your pep skills. Great looking overall on everything so far.
To the question you asked above. . . . the closest distributor that would carry Smooth-On products is going to be in Orlando. Here's a link for the place I found there.
Reynold's Advanced Materials Hope this helps.

HAHAHA...WIDE LOAD...I'm gonna be a walking tank! It's really not as clunky as it looks in the pics, I am leaning forward and not standing up straight, trying to hold it all together...plus, I'm a pretty big guy soooo......
IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Also, the torso is not complete, the back panel is still missing, so its hanging forward (almost falling off).

I'm thinking the security shoulder could be a little bigger...maybe I will do L3x Blu3r1v3r's more detailed one instead now that I'm getting better at this...the commando shoulder maybe a little bigger too...idk...

Before you re-pep the commando attachment, I've developed a new, more accurate one, if you're interested. It's the same size as the on you pepped, so you'll have to resize it, but it looks a lot better than the first one I designed.

Yes, I'd love to see it, send it my way! Thanks! Your models are pretty wicked, your assault rifle is next on my list!

I'm thinking the security shoulder could be a little bigger...maybe I will do L3x Blu3r1v3r's more detailed one instead now that I'm getting better at this...the commando shoulder maybe a little bigger too...idk...

I would highly suggest the newer version of the security shoulder, its far more accurate and fits around the bicep pieces much better without having to increase the size of it. And i gotta say, everything is looking really good, your pepping skills are legit! Keep up the good work!

Ok good, wasn't sure how to scale that one to fit the bicep, definately going to use that one. Almost done with your v3 torso, this thing is beautiful, and fits like a glove!

Just bought some black craft foam sheets to make the neck seal on the torso. Gonna try to get this thing resin'd soon...

Great looking pep work. I like the use of the spray on foam too. I just don't think I'd have the time to mess with trying it. . . . LOL! Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back