Cole protocol cover build/ Grey team Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The toned-down color and reduced battle damage are great choices. If you want to bring out details (including on the black pieces) without doing battle damage on every seam, you can dry brush the edges and raised details with a slightly lighter version of the base color. Likewise, you can airbrush shadowing into the recesses. Both will give your finish more depth as well as give the armor a worn in appearance. Great build and just a little different than most--I like it.

Redshirt

I did do exactly that with the battle damage. I used chalk pastels on the high points and watered down acrylic for the blackwash. However this build is dead- I kind of lost interest in it but it hangs over my head as unfinished.

I did do exactly that with the battle damage. I used chalk pastels on the high points and watered down acrylic for the blackwash. However this build is dead- I kind of lost interest in it but it hangs over my head as unfinished.

LOL, I have a ginormous (12 foot) airplane model that I've hauled through 5 moves over most of two decades that's still waiting for its turn to come up and get finished. It stares accusingly at me every time I poke my head in the attic.

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back