Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

active84u

Well I am new here and new to pepakura too but thought I might as well jump in the deep end.

Mistakes I made on the way, printed on normal paper, spray mounted on very thick card, used srtingy hot glue in a gun that dribbled ALL the time. Didnt use a stick for holding glued sections together (burnt fingers covered in hot glue!), bodged the back, went wrong some how and couldnt correct it.

My appologies to Rundown who drew and Ral Partha who unfolded, I didnt do it justice.

Everyone else laugh away, while the 405th doesnt like critisism, I am fine with it and welcome it by pm.

set.jpg

set.jpg

Hi adam4472, I have just this min coated the inside with resin and will do the outside in the morning. Then f/glass the inside, bondo the outside and spend the next couple of days sanding. Working nights this week so no time later today :-(

With the helmet shell well on its way to completion I find myself reading up on padding, lights, fans, voice amplification and those pesky visors.

Im pretty sorted and have seen some vac formed visors and plan to try and vac form a gold iridium motorcycle visor to shape but wonder if the vac forming will destroy the iridium finish. Has anyone here tried and would comment on how it went for them please?

updated

Well, work and weather (cold & wet) have slowed things, along with a dead dremmel:angry

Still some sanding to do before I re bondo fo straighten everything up. Rather than be a straight copy, I have cut the visor out to suit my taste and made a few more minor changes to the top, sides and front. I is an individual :D

As it stands, it will not fit over my melon till I trim the brim but I am considering hacking 90% of the brim off and redoing a better shaped one. What do you think?

Went arty b&w to mask the colour bondo effect/ better clarity.
set3.jpg

set3.jpg

a dead dremmel:angry

Dremels never die, only their brushes go missing in action!
Or something like that...

Anyways, your helmet seems to look pretty good, very smooth and detailed. Only the edges on the back seem to need some more attention, they're a bit uneven.

Also, do you have larger versions of these pictures? :)
You can use Photobucket to post clickable thumbnails, if you don't want to fill your thread with large images.

Here you go Ventrue, I had no idea you could do this with p/bucket. Thanks for the tip. I dont want to jam the system up with huge files of my first build.
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good! I have seriously gotta get over my hesitation to bondo.... for some reason I just never find the right time to do it. how do you get the fine details with bondo?

Bondo detail, less is more. Adding takes mins to do, removing takes ages, especially by hand. Mine is all by hand using sandpaper and a craft knife but a Dremmel is faster ;-)

hp2.jpg
[/IMG]

hp1.jpg
[/IMG]

Getting closer to completion despite the really cold weather. Helped along with a new dremel for crimbo and some free time. Lights, visor and a few other little bits to go ;-)

THANKYOU to all of you because even though I post very little (am still a newb) I couldnt have made this without this forum.

Hmm, what to make next then? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back