Could I Use Smoothcast 300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loue5587

Jr Member
in a wip on the mandalorian mercs i saw a guys poured easyflo 95 on the gaunts and i was wondering if i could do the same thing with smoothcast 300?

any help would rock thanks:)

You very well could, I know of someone who did that to his spartan helm. Same thing applies for fiberglassing though, you would need to put a coat of resign on the outside of the piece for durability, and then instead of the fiberglass (in your case) you would "slush cast" the inside of the piece, atleast three times, for the strength you are looking for.

Altair651 said:
You very well could, I know of someone who did that to his spartan helm. Same thing applies for fiberglassing though, you would need to put a coat of resign on the outside of the piece for durability, and then instead of the fiberglass (in your case) you would "slush cast" the inside of the piece, atleast three times, for the strength you are looking for.

Actually you'd probably want 2-3 resin coats to make sure there's no holes where Smoothcast could leak through, but yes that's what a lot of people do instead of fiberglassing. It's more expensive but a LOT less work and it's cleaner and doesn't poke your eye out when you wear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i do that method for my helms and armor. what i meant was could i pour it directly on the model then brush the rest of the plastic on? after fiberglassing the outside side of course. it has a bunch of floating pieces that i cant fiberglass on the inside. could i drill holes after resining and pour plastic in there?

here is the link if it helps:)

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=19037.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back