Covenant weapon damage

ODST Kona

I have been looking around and haven't really found anything yet, but I was wondering with plasma and energy damage does it leave residual marks such as left over plasma?
With the battle damage I want to do on for my ODST armor I would like to create a skimmed shot, would it be accurate to leave color of the projectile inside the damage? Or should I just create the indent and add some burning to it?
1920px-Carbine_Ammo.jpgBrute_bolt_study.jpg

I have an idea to make a plasma weapon damage "bullet hole" with a neon "glow" around/inside it. like it's FRESH. I feel like that'd look hella cool. especially if you go over the neon with some glow-in-the-dark paint that you can charge with a UV flashlight right before a photoshoot.

I have an idea to make a plasma weapon damage "bullet hole" with a neon "glow" around/inside it. like it's FRESH. I feel like that'd look hella cool. especially if you go over the neon with some glow-in-the-dark paint that you can charge with a UV flashlight right before a photoshoot.
Exactly it thats a great idea using glow! I wasnt sure if plasma would leave residual plasma. I was going to use some sculpting putty to create somewhat of a texured melted effect around the corners of armor also.

The weapon would not leave any "residual" plasma. Plasma does not linger or hang around after the impact, so if hit by a plasma pistol round, the impact would not stay glowing the trademark green from the plasma pistol shot. After all, Plasma is just superheated gas contained within a magnetic field. Upon impact, the magnetic field is broken and the energy, both kinetic and thermal from the superheated round, is imparted onto the target. As described in the Lore and novels,this impact and heat causes the armor to melt.

The best representation of a plasma impact would be a physical indentation, perhaps even some burn through, and scorch or burn marks, and perhaps some melted/dripped metal.

But it the impact would not continue to glow or anything like that.

The weapon would not leave any "residual" plasma. Plasma does not linger or hang around after the impact, so if hit by a plasma pistol round, the impact would not stay glowing the trademark green from the plasma pistol shot. After all, Plasma is just superheated gas contained within a magnetic field. Upon impact, the magnetic field is broken and the energy, both kinetic and thermal from the superheated round, is imparted onto the target. As described in the Lore and novels,this impact and heat causes the armor to melt.

The best representation of a plasma impact would be a physical indentation, perhaps even some burn through, and scorch or burn marks, and perhaps some melted/dripped metal.

But it the impact would not continue to glow or anything like that.
That's exactly what I was looking I really appreciate you! I'll start practicing a melted metal look and using my airbrush to create scorching.
Possibly making my own mix of testors metallic and and a darker color to create that scorched metal undertone.

Jonah, NobleofDeath16 had a Mark V suit, built with Anlace_Cos, based on Linda which featured her plasma damage sustained during the Fall of reach. The armor now actually resides at 343's internal Halo Museum in Washington, but there should be some good pictures of the damage they did for the suit from the Halo Championship Series event Jonah wore it at.

If you are looking for a style where the armor was "Skimmed" by a bolt it would make the most sense to gouge in a linear direction in the armor, and do something like hot glue around the armor wound to simulated melted plating.

Jonah, NobleofDeath16 had a Mark V suit, built with Anlace_Cos, based on Linda which featured her plasma damage sustained during the Fall of reach. The armor now actually resides at 343's internal Halo Museum in Washington, but there should be some good pictures of the damage they did for the suit from the Halo Championship Series event Jonah wore it at.
Thank you so much sorry about the late reply I was at work. That looks so amazing the detail is out of this world haha.

If you are looking for a style where the armor was "Skimmed" by a bolt it would make the most sense to gouge in a linear direction in the armor, and do something like hot glue around the armor wound to simulated melted plating.
That's perfect! I am building my ODST off my actual time in service and wanted to replicate some of the stuff that occured overseas. I'll have to work out the execution on some trial pieces and go from there but the hot glue will be alot easier than a putty!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back