CQC Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh. i guess i just assumed that it was light gray because all the pictures iv'e seen of bondoed pieces are light grey. did the just put down a layer of grey paint as a base?

Most likely yes. The red hardener in bondo causes it to go pink. After all the sanding is done, people usually do a coat of primer to even everything out. Keep up the good work!

ok thanks for the help everyone. hopefully ill get a decent amount of this tomorrow, but school starts again tomorrow, so i won't be making as much progress as i have been. pictures as soon as the bondoing is done.

Primer is often used to get just get a good look at the piece. Often times you'll bondo, sand, fill, sand, fill, bondo, sand, and fill to the point that you can't get a good overall look at your progress because you're distracted by all the pink and red colors. So you prime it so you can see it all in one neutral color. It also helps to prime it when final smoothing and filling in pinholes because often times all you need to do is prime and sand.

i officially hate bondo. I completley fumigated my basement with that stuff even with fans and multiple windows open. and that stuff smells nasty. but im making progress. no pics yet, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back