Crunch's Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coot said:
I meant 295 as in the scale number value that is at the bottom when you use the scale feature. The default value is like 199.78 or something. I thought that based on my measurements and what the default scale size looked like, I thought 295 would be perfect, but it seems a little big. So i think going from 295 scale to 265 scale is around 1.5 inches smaller which is what I need. The rifle is looking good, are you going to completely pep and then use that model to make it with wood or are you gonna fill the pep?

Coot

Oh that's it.

It's not really a pep. It's a sliced model someone made so that you can just cut out "slices" of cardboard, etc. and just stack them up on top of another.

Here's the link to some of them(for some reason, the topic I found this one disappeared):

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16273&st=0

And I'm done cutting the details out. I cutted the details out of foamboard. I only taped them on because first I gotta cover the corrugation of the board.

005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
**UPDATE(5/9/10)**

My Reach chestpiece is pepped. the indented details I'll leave for cardboard/foam whatnot. I used Brandon's unfold, scaled it to my height (97% of the orig. lol) and it's a good size, well besides my ridonkulus big head and ears not being able to fit through the neckhole. I also don't really like the small backpack either so I'll probably pep the back of a markVI to go with that. I'll post pics later of the chestpiece and also how the whole armor looks overall.

Stevieboy7 said:
that BR is looking freaking EPIC man.

Good job, craazyy

thanks man, but I was topsy-turvy over whether it's a DMR or a BR, turns out...it's a DMR

pics here: i look like a stormtrooper with a halo helm lol

image7.jpg

it looks small, but I REALLY don't want to have to pep a new one, probably just cut right down and across the center and add more paper if I want to make it bigger.

later this day...

pics of the whole thing. MEthinks that the diaper stands out too much...

001.jpg

The chest is gunna look small for a while, mostly because the Reach Spartans' armor looks to be more "undersuit" than "armor" if that makes any sense. If you've got a solid undersuit then you should be fine.

As for the cod piece, you know what they say about big space diapers? ;)

It looks fine from here, but you won't know for sure till ya try it on!

Killer Koala said:
The chest is gunna look small for a while, mostly because the Reach Spartans' armor looks to be more "undersuit" than "armor" if that makes any sense. If you've got a solid undersuit then you should be fine.

As for the cod piece, you know what they say about big space diapers? ;)

It looks fine from here, but you won't know for sure till ya try it on!

Well, I tried everything separately (upper body, lower body) everything great just gotta mod some stuff for the leg mobility. but I have yet to see how the diaper go in there.

Update after all that Covenant attack:
1) finished covering the corrugation of the DMR with papier mache. Still need the barrel and scope, etc. I remember a dmr model being made before the attack so I guess I'll try to find that.
2) Finished both the shoulders. One I coated with Mod Podge, the other with varnish. I think the varnish worked loads better at being waterproof and not warping as much but I am not sure as I've also experimented with plaster strips on that shoulder as well.
3) Starting on the other forearm, coated with varnish, mache'd the half with the elbow, tried using paper mush for the spaces, sharp corners, etc. but it still soaked through the varnish and takes well over a day to dry so gotta be careful with the water in that.
4) My codpiece warped and shrunk, so re-making that except with cardboard this time.
5) Graduated high school, but that's irrelevant.

PICS:
31179_1398250489557_1631106542_921978_2787004_n.jpg

when I find my camera, I'll compare the two shoulders.

Update:
Mark IV shins did not fit at all after reinforcing and clampshelling, so making the Reach ones now.
Arms, abplate,and thighs are reinforced, waiting to be painted.
Made a new backpack, original Mark V which I think looks better so starting on the chest piece now.

img_0454.jpg

img_0455.jpg

Still need to do:
Shin pieces
Codpiece
one handplate
shoes
Optics and barrel for the DMR

Papier Mache Suit almost done.

Update 8/3/2010:

Started using plaster strips along with the papier mache. Seems to make it more sturdy but I don't know how strong it'll be.

Everything's pretty much reinforced and Mod Podged except the Buttplate and shoe coverings.

Still need to do the gun attachments for the DMR and buy foam sheets to do details

Think you guys already seen everything else but these:
0802101047a.jpg

011.jpg

Small update:
finished the buttplate and currently working on the DMR. Barrels are glued and drying, currently working on the scope
0804101234a.jpg

My DMR's been painted, and all of the inside of my armor pieces has been painted black. Parents are not gonna buy me any more spray paint (had to use acrylic in a bottle) and my friends aren't helping so...gotta wait til the 25th which is my 18th bday.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/sik1276/cruncharmor/0807101336a.jpg

First day of College tomorrow=my birthday= buy spray paint soon.
Painted inside of everything black. and trying to make some painted pieces look weathered
38746_1459859629747_1631106542_1072466_6490595_n.jpg

39665_1467396538165_1631106542_1097017_8174255_n.jpg

Coot said:
I meant 295 as in the scale number value that is at the bottom when you use the scale feature. The default value is like 199.78 or something. I thought that based on my measurements and what the default scale size looked like, I thought 295 would be perfect, but it seems a little big. So i think going from 295 scale to 265 scale is around 1.5 inches smaller which is what I need. The rifle is looking good, are you going to completely pep and then use that model to make it with wood or are you gonna fill the pep?

Coot

Oh that's it.

It's not really a pep. It's a sliced model someone made so that you can just cut out "slices" of cardboard, etc. and just stack them up on top of another.

Here's the link to some of them(for some reason, the topic I found this one disappeared):

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16273&st=0

And I'm done cutting the details out. I cutted the details out of foamboard. I only taped them on because first I gotta cover the corrugation of the board.

005.jpg

lol-cats_its_BEAUTIFUL.gif

Good Luck! I do think that it may not last very long, so I must warn you, although it is cheaper, it will tear and rip, a whole lotta problems. that's a lot of work to have the paper mache' just fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back