Custom Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strankyman

Jr Member
Hey everyone!

This is a helmet I had to design and model for my Graphic Products AS level. I styled it to fit into the Halo Universe, and I sort of think it looks slightly covenant related. Anyway its a work in progress, as I'm going to make a much lighter version. Plastercine and 4 layers of mod-roc isn't exactly light.

Anyway, enough babbling, pics below :)

Started life as this:

DSC05736.jpg

Then this..

DSC05776.jpg

DSC05777.jpg

DSC05780.jpg

DSC05781.jpg

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05784.jpg

Don't like the triangle in the middle here, it will be redesigned :)

Thanks guys! Construction criticism and ideas please :D

Stranky

Hmmm... This project looks pretty interesting as it has a resemblance to the marine helmet, the Hayabusa helmet, and a little bit of the brute War Chieftain helmet. If you put enough work into this you could get a pretty decent helmet, but remember keep the spikes on the outside :lol

Looks really good. However, I would not want to try to build that. ONLY about 50 bazillion edges. If anyone tried to pep that, their computer would explode.

Looks good so far! Reminds me of Shredder. Were you planning on battling ninja turtles?

Wouldnt it have been easier to use some type of an acrylic plastic so you dont have to resin/other method of hardening all of the cardboard?

That's kinda how I imagined Brute armor before they were introduced to the Covenant and Forerunner technology. Very interesting build. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

The Wasp said:
Pretty cool but I would add a kind of ninja-ish facemask to it. Great work though!

I've started work on the lighter version, which will have some kind of facemask/breathiliser kinda thing on :) , check out the pics at the end of this post.

LeguimCh said:
Hmmm... This project looks pretty interesting as it has a resemblance to the marine helmet, the Hayabusa helmet, and a little bit of the brute War Chieftain helmet. If you put enough work into this you could get a pretty decent helmet, but remember keep the spikes on the outside :lol

hahaa ohh the spikes will stay on the outside, don't worry about that :lol

Volgon said:
Looks really good. However, I would not want to try to build that. ONLY about 50 bazillion edges. If anyone tried to pep that, their computer would explode.

LOL I wouldn't even attempt to pep this, I didn't build it for that, scratch build FTW. :)

CLOTHAR said:
Were you planning on battling ninja turtles?

Battling ninja turtles hadn't crossed my mind until now... hmm ;)

Kodorei said:
Wouldnt it have been easier to use some type of an acrylic plastic so you dont have to resin/other method of hardening all of the cardboard?

If I had the choice acrylic would have been my first material, however it was more a case of trying an idea out with whatever I had lying around :pbut I'm gonna make a trip to my local art shop to get some acrylic/something similar for the final version :D

DSC05785.jpg

DSC05788.jpg

This is the base I will be working from for the final helmet, I've convinced my mum to let me use fibreglass/bondo etc, so all I need to do now is purchase that and the acrylic :D

Thanks for the replies guys!

Stranky

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back