Dark1Ights Armor Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklight

Hello 405th,

I have been looking over the forums now for over a month and finally decided to register. It has been awsome seeing all the interesting things people have been putting together.

I am looking forward to seeing what shows up next and to participating as much as I can.

Here is a pic of my current build progress.

-Dark

Very nice!

Hope you're gonna keep us updated on that recon helm ;)

Looks damn awesome!

Nice chest btw, is that a HD file?

-Spartan-Sauce

JSwift said:
Very nice sir! That mark VI helmet is badass, almost medieval looking. Bravo!

The Mark VI in the pictures is actually a helmet I made just after I saw the announcment trailer for Halo 2. I'm not sure how long pepakura armor has been around (I just recently discovered it), so it was made using wire screen and a lot of fiberglass jelly and bondo. I bet it weighs at least 20 lbs and took a long time to sculpt out.

Spartan-Sauce said:
Very nice!

Hope you're gonna keep us updated on that recon helm ;)

Looks damn awesome!

Nice chest btw, is that a HD file?

-Spartan-Sauce

I'll post some pics in this thread as I get more done. I'm hoping to be painting the Recon within the next couple weeks.

The chest peice is the high detail file in the Pepakura File Index that was created by FLYING SQUIRL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait wait wait! You're telling me you didn't even use Pep to make that Mark V helm? Now that my sir is IMPRESSIVE. Most people on here seem to start out with pep then work, but it seems that you have a true talent. If I didn't have pep to get me started on these things, there's no way I could just sculpt on up lol. You've got my attention haha. And about it weighing a lot, I'm sure it feels pretty realistic! xD.

My god Now this is what I call quality! Be sure to take your time with this. The more consistent the better! I'll be happy to help if you have any questions.

Hello Agian 405th,

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Just thought I would post a few pics of the recon helmet. Just have a few more things to touch up and then im going to finish off the face and start adding the details.

-Dark

Hello again,

I finally got around to getting some details put in. Knowing this peice is far from being a exact replica, some details are being put in slightly different because they seem flow better with the helmet shape.

-Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back