Halo 3 ODST Armor Build Pt2

Leviathan475

Hello everyone,

I as been about 4 months since I last posted a on the 405th. While I said that I would keep my last thread updated, I unfortunately failed at keeping it updated, mostly due to procrastination. However since I made that post I had started to slowly work on the armor and I am glad to say that I made pretty good progress on armor. I have fully 3d printed, sanded, painted, and completed the visor for the helmet, as well as make resized shoulder piece Some other things I added was a "military" scarf as well as a painted up MA40 Assault rifle Nerf Gun. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to putting decals on the armor which I will be sure to try and do. Below is a picture of the improved armor.
1698943859272.png
1698943825531.png

I feel that the upgrades I made, especially the helmet, make the armor look a lot better. If you have any suggestions or questions, I would like to hear your feedback.

(Edit)
I guess it has been long enough that I should recap my original goal. My original armor was completely made of foam and straps. The image below shows what my armor looked like. I mainly didn't like how the helmet looked, so I decided to do some upgrades to the suit like 3d printing the helmet and making the shoulder pads bigger. I also would like to put decals on the armor to make it more personal, but I haven't gotten to that yet.
1698947229131.png

Last edited:
Dude! That progress Is amazing regardless! I love the scarf, what if you added some paint like a callsign or a symbol on the chest plate? UNSC Symbol stenciled somewhere too may look good! Ultimately your choice with the design! :)

Dude! That progress Is amazing regardless! I love the scarf, what if you added some paint like a callsign or a symbol on the chest plate? UNSC Symbol stenciled somewhere too may look good! Ultimately your choice with the design! :)
Thanks for the feedback! I have been wanting add callsign as well as the other stencils on the armor, I just haven't gotten to it yet, I will be sure to post an update when I get it done.

Mate that’s incredible, I’m utterly blown away by how far you’ve brought your kit! Those ab details, the levelled details on the forearms and that new visor is just stunning!

If I may make a recommendation, and this is more something that’ll help you on long trooping events and cons. If you drill out the vent holes and get some mesh in there, it’ll help with airflow in your helmet.

And if you haven’t yet, take a little bit of washing up liquid and just wipe it around the inside of your visor until it’s clear. It’ll stop condensation inside the helmet, and thus stop fogging!

Attachments

• IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0606.jpeg
    IMG_0606.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 40
Mate that’s incredible, I’m utterly blown away by how far you’ve brought your kit! Those ab details, the levelled details on the forearms and that new visor is just stunning!

If I may make a recommendation, and this is more something that’ll help you on long trooping events and cons. If you drill out the vent holes and get some mesh in there, it’ll help with airflow in your helmet.

And if you haven’t yet, take a little bit of washing up liquid and just wipe it around the inside of your visor until it’s clear. It’ll stop condensation inside the helmet, and thus stop fogging!
Thanks for the recommendation! Fog has definitely been a problem with the my helmet and I think those vent holes will really help, especially if I get some fans in there. As for the washing liquid, I am not sure how well it will play with the chrome in the visor, however I can test it on other chromed test pieces before putting it on the visor.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back