Detailing My Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargrave988

Jr Member
hello 405th members i wanted to ask a question for anyone who can answer it. i wanted to know if you can us to much spot puddy? i want to put more detail my helmet, what could i use to to make detail from like clay or could i use bondo?

thanks

Hargster

Well you can use spot puddy but the bad thing about it is that is very fragile and it cracks very easy i did it on my first project and it didnt work as well as i wanted it to but if is only as a display i think you might be able to do it

but dont tape it when you paint it the tape will rip it off the peped one

there are various ways but makes sure most of the detailing is bondo because "spot putty" hence then name is for filling in hole , there are vaious ways of creating high rised detials from scratch with building a wall on the object with say foamies,cardstock and most likely paddle pop stick , however you take it they should all work , then all you do is takethe wall off when the bondo is dry and there you go fancy detail

hope this helps

thanks everyone. now do you wet sand bondo also or just regular sanding with paper or dremmel? i should ask whats the best way to make it smooth?

no wet sanding is neccisary and it will take you a long time trust me just use normal sand paper and a dremmel for the hard parts i suggest a high abrasive to start off but not so much it will creat lines but i guess whats the spot putty is for , good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back