Differences between Halo: Reach and Halo: Infinite armor models?

JammedMite942

Hello!

I’m starting to plan out my next build, and I think I’m going to make my current Spartan from Halo: Infinite, which uses the Reach Armor Core.

My question is, are there any major differences between the reach in game models and the infinite ones? Im going to build the suit out of foam, but as far as I’m aware there aren’t any pep files for this specific Armor Core. I know there’s some minor things like different paint schemes and slightly bigger knee pads, but have any of you noticed anything else?

Thanks for the help in advance!

fullbody.png901d3a97-4e38-4bf7-a27f-7661fa124471.png
The overall look is so similar I wouldn't think the models are noticeably any different. At least not something I would worry about doing a suit out of foam. Any minor difference in the game models probably wouldn't show on foam templates.

This has been peeving me the last few weeks as I've been trying to make my carter build more accurate, they put the tac pad on the opposite arm, the radio and gps on his chest are different than reach, the under suit is slightly different, many such cases, much disappointment. i think the tac pad placement is due to the armor abilities being on the un occupied arm.

There's quite a few differences between the Reach and Infinite versions of Mark V b. Most of them are due to better proportions and a higher poly count (for example, the Infinite Mark V b helmet has upwards of 4k polys while the Reach one has 3k), as you can see here:

Screenshot 2023-10-02 002421.png

However, when you get a closer look, you start to notice differences in detail and overall layout. Again using the default helmet as an example, the Reach one offers more in the way of shapes and letter decals while the Infinite simplifies the shaping overall. This is especially prevalent with the side view; notice how pronounced the back section is on the Reach model compared to the Infinite one.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 002642.png

Screenshot 2023-10-02 002747.png

Suffice it to say, there's a lot of small differences between the two versions that you don't really pick up on without seeing them side by side. If you want to see this comparison for yourself, all of the models for both Reach's and Infinite's Mark V b Spartans are hosted over in the Halo Archive discord server, which is what I used in these screenshots.

There's quite a few differences between the Reach and Infinite versions of Mark V b. Most of them are due to better proportions and a higher poly count (for example, the Infinite Mark V b helmet has upwards of 4k polys while the Reach one has 3k), as you can see here:

View attachment 336585

However, when you get a closer look, you start to notice differences in detail and overall layout. Again using the default helmet as an example, the Reach one offers more in the way of shapes and letter decals while the Infinite simplifies the shaping overall. This is especially prevalent with the side view; notice how pronounced the back section is on the Reach model compared to the Infinite one.

View attachment 336586
View attachment 336587

Suffice it to say, there's a lot of small differences between the two versions that you don't really pick up on without seeing them side by side. If you want to see this comparison for yourself, all of the models for both Reach's and Infinite's Mark V b Spartans are hosted over in the Halo Archive discord server, which is what I used in these screenshots.
Wow, thanks for the detailed overview! I’ll definitely take a closer look at the models I’ll be trying to replicate. Thanks again!

This has been peeving me the last few weeks as I've been trying to make my carter build more accurate, they put the tac pad on the opposite arm, the radio and gps on his chest are different than reach, the under suit is slightly different, many such cases, much disappointment. i think the tac pad placement is due to the armor abilities being on the un occupied arm.
I noticed that too! Personally I think the radio and gps change is an improvement, but that’s just me.

Ok, so I went into blender and compared my spartan model side by side between the two games, here are the results.
Spartan Comparison (Front).png
Spartan Comparison (Right).png
Spartain Comparison (Back).png
Spartan Comparison (Left).png

I've marked the major differences with red squares so they're more noticeable. I only noticed MAJOR differences between the attachments, however the back of the shins is quite different, same with the back of the helmet.

My question is: Do you think I'd be able to get away with using the Halo: Reach foam files while trying to replicate the Infinite armour? I could make modifications to it, but I'm worried it won't look right. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I'm gona use this comparison, it's super helpful. To answer your question, reach is reach, go with the original files.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back