District 9 = Halo Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSpartanMjolnir said:
that movie has to much talking in it, and i think it has a bad plot

Are you insinuating that a dialogue heavy movie is automatically a "bad movie?" If so, then you have not seen almost anymore that has been universally accepted as a classic or masterpiece. A dialogue heavy movie can very easily be a much better film than a mindless shoot 'em up, becuase it requires participation by the audience, needs the viewer to get involved in the film and think about what is going on...oh, I see the problem. So many of today's youth have no attention span required to actually watch a truly good film.

As for the plot being bad, this is very obviously a social commentary on class conditions and the status of refugees. It sounds like an intriguing and welcome serious film, in a sea of mindless drivel that Hollywood pumps out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite excited for D-9. Yes-it is NOT the halo movie, although lots of people thought it would be. Jackson just wanted to see Neill do a full length film to see how it would be to have Neill work on the halo film, as you only get one shot, better make it perfect while you can.

As others have posted, its based on Alive in Joburg, a shortfilm Blomkamp made a long time ago.

And it has too much talking... well I'm not going to comment on the character creating that comment, but it is a fake documentary, so yes, talking is important in those. Its not going to be a hardcore action film, but there will be some scenes of action.

I saw on attack of the show today that it ISNT the halo movie. . as you all know already. But jackson hopes that by putting this movie out. it will generate revenue and numbers for them to get a little more $ and resources to put out the halo movie. So go see it anyway. even if ya fall asleep!! lol. It looks pretty good. . But lets just hope its not a total loss.

"Alive in Joberg" is a great short... I'm confident D-9 should be even better. :D

Speaking of Peter Jackson... any noise on the Halo game he was supposed to be working on? :unsure:

I read that this movie was made in place of the halo movie, it was made to see what Jackson and Blokamp could do together.

(P.S. I could have read it here, I don't know.)

I will enjoy it, but I doubt it will tickle the fancy of the more shallow movie viewers.

the reason they put the halo movie on hold to make this is because they aren't too sure about blomkamp yet, so they decided if this movie goes well then they'll go ahead with the halo movie.

I freaking knew it!!!

My long hair never lies to me.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

tell ya the truth, i think it has to do with enders game. enders game is a book i had to read last year and it was about a war between buggers and humans- the think that thier askin question sure does look alot like a bugger, but who am i to say this is enders game or what, this still looks interesting

flying_squirl said:
Hmmm, to be honest this looks like a bigger budget version of a short Blomkamp did about 7 years ago around the time he made Yellow. Cannot remember the title for the life of me but basically alien gypsies came to earth and started using our resources and generally being dicks. The ships were basically the same except there was hundreds of cables leading to the earth. It showed most of the aliens living in slums and there was a short scene where one of the aliens in a power suit lifted up a car with some sort of force field thingy and threw it away.

If it is a halo movie, then what the hell is the thing in the interview room ment to be? a drone?

you spelled "meant" wrong

versusINK said:
you spelled "meant" wrong

Honestly, not only is it a big deal, it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Shade said:
Honestly, not only is it a big deal, it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

lol. i like the poster for it, i have it uber-printed in my bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back