Drkruler500's Katana Prop Build! "possibly with pics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkruler500

Remember that sword on your back that proved that you were a true and hardcore halo fan? The katana was known and loved throughout halo 3 multiplayer and I'm gonna make one for my mish-mosh H3 variants project. So I figured why don't I show you guys how I did it.

Katana_Armor_Infobox.jpg

Materials:
Stove"IMPORTANT"
black spray paint
white spray paint
gray spray paint
1.5" PVC Pipe
Bondo body filler
3/4" PVC pipe
1' wood scrap stick
1/2 thick wood plank
epoxy
red and white electrical tape

Pictures and tutorial coming in a week!
Disclaimer: I am not doing the hyabusa chest with it as of this tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to go a step further and make an entire mount for the back of a suit, and make the entire handle out of actual fabric... just saying. :D

You might want to go a step further and make an entire mount for the back of a suit, and make the entire handle out of actual fabric... just saying.
Yes I was just thinking the same thing about the mount but I'm not sure about fabric for the handle. I already have electrical tape laying around and to be honest, i'm only 14 so i'm on a bit of a budget.

You list the stove as the first material and classify it as important. May I ask what your intentions for the stove are?

you use it to slightly flatten the pvc while it is heated because real katanas are not perfectly round. I think it just adds to the overall quality of the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back