Emile build (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make alot of sense for the actual armour, just using a refrence pic, maybe some templates sounds like a smart idea

But with the clear plastic, what kind of matirials do you suggest? Im considering a acrylic plastic, but getting the desired shape of the EVA helmet still eludes me. Will the plastic be tinted? Because I dont want my face to be visible

Well where the plastic will be, there will be the skull, remember? The plastic itself will prob be see-through, though, due to the fact that a skull covers my face. I will add weathering in a way that I can still see through some of the skull be none will be able to see my face. As of right now I have no idea what I'll use for the visor. I'll prob run down to Home Depot or another hardware store to see what kind of plastic I can get my hands on. For the shaping, what ill prob end up doing is heating the plastic so it's wiggly, put it on a visor template, that comes with the EVA file, and let it cool, and then you got a mini visor. However, if you are doing the full mask it's called vacuum forming. It's fairly easy and there are tutorials out there.

Anyway, UPDATE TIME!!! Got a crap load done, especially in the paint department! ;D
photo-30.jpg

photo-31.jpg

photo-32.jpg

photo-33.jpg

photo-34.jpg

photo-35.jpg

photo-36.jpg

photo-41.jpg

photo-37.jpg

photo-38.jpg

photo-39.jpg

photo-40.jpg

So here's a checklist;
~Left Shoulder: Done and painted
~Right Shoulder: Done and painted
~Chest: Done Being painted
~Ab plate: X
~Forearms: X
~Cod piece: X
~Thighs: X
~Shins: Right leg done Unpainted
~Boots: Resined Being bondoed
~Helmet: X
~Handplates: One is done
~Knife: Done and painted (Will prob rebuild it later on)
~Emile's Grenades: X

Awesome stuff, are you planning to use any fiberglass at all?

Btw for the grenades, I have a idea. Use either a cardboard dowel, paper towel roll, or a tennis ball tube. Then cut them/ alter them to the right size, use your method with the hot glue to harder the insides, and done.

I'm glad to see more and more "Emiles" on 405th.com! keep up man, I'd like to see your finished suit! :)

Wow it's been a while! Haven't gotten much done, school started again, and it's delaying a bit, also, it's really hard to work on stuff in Albertan winters :( I think I'll do some more creation and resin in spring :)

I've been re-inspired to continue with my build :D I'm continuing it with foam. I'll hopefully pick some up tomorrow to get some more progress.

Thanks, I do already have s torso made, I may try to salvage it, but if it's too small I may need to rebuild then.

oh yes, the cardboard one at the beginning of the thread? cool cool, if it's too small, I looked at ver 4, and if you're looking for in-game accuracy, it's the way to go, but it's a lot of detail, so if you decide to redo it, maybe go with 3, it's very good as well. Just suggestions if you're not in a big rush. we have foam layin around my house, idk if I should try it or not since I've never experienced with foam.

I find Pepakura a real ... And I found it a lot easier the way I did it with the cardboard, which was a lot closer to foam style and I think I'll do v3, v4 will take me a long time...!

I find Pepakura a real ... And I found it a lot easier the way I did it with the cardboard, which was a lot closer to foam style and I think I'll do v3, v4 will take me a long time...!
yea, ver 4 is gonna take a while, and since I don't have the artistic talent some of the members on here have, I use pep. :p just figured I'd let ya know about those just in case you didn't know about 'em, pretty accurate files.

Well, after a little bit, I HAVE UPDATES! (Man I haven't said that in a while)

I started on one of the forearms coz I hadn't used foam before, I started small. It's not entirely finished, but here is what I was able to pump out in an hour. This is so much faster than pepakura!
photo-42.jpg

photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

Sorry for bad quality, it was taken from my phone.

There's a lot less glue than what showed up in the pictures, but today I can use my Dremel with it, it was hard to try and cut angles with scissors :p

looking good, I wish I had discovered the foam files earlier. It would have saved so much time.

Yes it is so much easier!You should give it a try!

dannny said:
woop woop! looking good man.

Thanks man! Sorry for all the questions, if they annoyed you :p But I got the hang of it now.

Side note: UPDATES!!!!! :D

I finished the first forearm, and took a pic of the one I finished, and the cardboard one I build, the difference... see for yourself
photo-45.jpg

photo-46.jpg

Here's some shots with both them. one is gonna have the shotgun shells on it, I'm not sure which one yet...
photo-47.jpg

Also here is the chest piece, I think it's too small and is missing details, I will probably build a new one, but just wanted some feedback.
photo-48.jpg

Again sorry if the quality is bad, it was taken from my phone (still haven't found my camera) I think I'll work on the thighs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back