Eva foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentflorida

Jr Member
Hey guys. My Dad said that he would fund my project by purchasing some EVA foam from online for me. Can you guys give me recomendations of the EVA foam I should get. I prefer something not to pricey and I can get a lot of it for like less than 100 or 175 for like 6- as high as I can get but strong, elastic, and good stuff. A good balance of quality and quantity is something I would like. Can you guys give me the recommendations?
It has to be online and I would prefer Amazon or Ebay for buying. If you have a pretty good deal outside those but still online I would appreciate it.

Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? They have the best price for the 4 pack. Like 8-9 dollars.

I checked all the ones from Savannah to Statesboro. No luck. And that's about a hour-2 hour range. It was months ago when I checked this and they don't sell it. That's why I asked for online. There is no one that sells or retails EVA foam in the Savannah to Statesboro range, no one everyone would check which includes: Walmart, home Depot , Lowe's, Harbor Frieght, Sam's club, and Target. Those last two were checked out of convince.

I'm surprised that Walmart doesn't have anything.
What key words are you using for your search? Try "anti-fatigue exercises mats" your search might have better results.

I'm very surprised......HF usually carries everything equally across all their locations......I do know that they ship, so you might be able to order it on line.....

Checked and it's only retail and not online. And it's all the Walmarts from Savannah to Statesboro and Hinesvile.

Your best bet would be Amazon at this point. If they don't have the foam then, the world is spiraling into oblivion.

Sir, you have made a miscalculation. Halo 5 joke. But you are in New Jersey and I, sir, am in Georgia. And have no licenses.

Well any Eva floor mat on amazon will do. Just look for the cheapest one. Just make sure how many per pack and how thick. Most packs are in 4 pcs and are 1/2 inch thick. The rolled mat will cost more and you get less coverage. It it is a better quality sometimes. Not always but sometimes.

I have personally found that the quality of foam varies greatly between different brands/types foam mats. Some vary in thickness from one end of a mat to the other by 1/8" easily (1/2" on one end, and slowly gets thinner to about 3/8" on the other).

I find that the cheaper mats are also less dense, making them harder to cut cleanly, and they wear out blades faster. I'm not saying you have to buy the most expensive ones you find, but midway on the price scale will get you decent foam to work with. I think I usually spend $15-25 for a pack of four (sale prices up in Canada). I have had the worst luck with the cheaper "diamond plate" style mats from princess auto (essentially harbour freight).

My normal go-to for mats are sold at Home Depot and Canadian tire and have very small texture marks on the backside. I really don't know how to describe them, but I'll see if I can link a picture shortly.

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/07c16adc0717e516_4-4373/contemporary-home-gym-equipment.jpg

The best mats I have used had a zig zag pattern on the back, were consistently 1/2" thick, and were very dense. Found them at Canadian tire for $25 (I realize that does t help you down south).

I would check out Home Depot and wal mart where you are. In my local wal mart, the mats are kept near the exercise equipment. If you need to ask for help, just ask an employee for the foam mats with puzzle shaped edges... No one outside of the cosplay community calls them EVA foam.

Edit: the other post above is talking about Costco... There should be one in your area. I believe you guys also have sam's club down there, which would be similar (it's been about 12 years since I lived in the southern states, so my memory is a little hazy haha)

Last edited:
once again only amazon, ebay, or online. appreciate it though. As I said I checked everywhere in my area to about an hour away.

its....."Costco"......but I'm not seeing the 4 pack anywhere on their websight. EndlessForrest it would helpful to include a link to the 8 pack. This way everybody can share in the good fortune of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back