Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost147 said:
Amazing tutorial, this has helped a lot! i'll be using this technique on future projects for sure! I also agree, make it into it's own thread! it's a need!

I would have done the tutorial in its own thread but I do not have the power to create them on this site... yet. One day, maybe... *looks up to the sky.*

It is a great method when using wet clay, as you cover the sculpt in silicone right away, making it air tight so the the clay does not dry out further. It is also very quick method. When I get the master marine helmet done I will be moulding it again differently and try and demonstrate that method. The reason for the master mould is so that we can pull perfect helmets out first time everytime with out having to do any filler work to them after. Then if the mould gets knackerd we still have the master helmet to make a new mould.

Hazzah! "AK47's for everyone!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you following this thread closely, Mr. Peter Cooper has agreed to give the 405th Source a sneak peek at some stuff never shown before. Our resident interviewer Drakku has been sent off to fly over the pond for this exclusive interview along with a tour around OP Headquarters. So keep your eyes peeled on http://www.405th.com for that.

Pete - Thanks for having Drakku over for the weekend and fixing the whole camera situation - much appreciated. As always we'll return the favor by pulling out all the stops and shouting it from sea to shining sea. I'll probably have some follow up questions for you so we can give people a link who'd like to donate to the project ;)

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
For those of you following this thread closely, Mr. Peter Cooper has agreed to give the 405th Source a sneak peek at some stuff never shown before. Our resident interviewer Drakku has been sent off to fly over the pond for this exclusive interview along with a tour around OP Headquarters. So keep your eyes peeled on http://www.405th.com for that.

Pete - Thanks for having Drakku over for the weekend and fixing the whole camera situation - much appreciated. As always we'll return the favor by pulling out all the stops and shouting it from sea to shining sea. I'll probably have some follow up questions for you so we can give people a link who'd like to donate to the project ;)

Cheers,

Kensai

That's not a problem at all! I just hope it makes entertaining viewing! Unfortunately, the scheduled lifecast has had to be cancelled, but we've still got lots of cool props to see and lots to talk about, so I'm sure it'll be fine! :)

Master Cheeze said:
I would have done the tutorial in its own thread but I do not have the power to create them on this site... yet. One day, maybe... *looks up to the sky.*

It is a great method when using wet clay, as you cover the sculpt in silicone right away, making it air tight so the the clay does not dry out further. It is also very quick method. When I get the master marine helmet done I will be moulding it again differently and try and demonstrate that method. The reason for the master mould is so that we can pull perfect helmets out first time everytime with out having to do any filler work to them after. Then if the mould gets knackerd we still have the master helmet to make a new mould.

Hazzah! "AK47's for everyone!!!"

Do you mind if i make a quote of it and put up the tutorial in a topic of it's own for you? It's really something that would help a lot of people (i would obviously make sure you got full credit)

Ghost147 said:
Do you mind if i make a quote of it and put up the tutorial in a topic of it's own for you? It's really something that would help a lot of people (i would obviously make sure you got full credit)

Sure thing boss.

Ghost147 said:

Oooh ooh hold up. Actually Ive been talking to pete over here and I think that he wants to make the thread for me so wait up and see, ill get back to you. Cheers anyhow.

WOW...I have seen all your props and stuff on the site.

I look foward to seeing Your movie(mouth watering).

Will you have also elites?

I wish I could find some people skilled as much as your fellows for my film.

Good luck with the movie!

Capestranus said:
WOW...I have seen all your props and stuff on the site.

I look foward to seeing Your movie(mouth watering).

Will you have also elites?

I wish I could find some people skilled as much as your fellows for my film.

Good luck with the movie!

As has been mentioned before, there are no Elites.

So then it stands to reason that you are using Brutes as the main enemies... correct? I think I read somewhere that you have gotten some of Smick6's weapons and grenades, and Dogwizard's Hammer.

Achille said:
So then it stands to reason that you are using Brutes as the main enemies... correct? I think I read somewhere that you have gotten some of Smick6's weapons and grenades, and Dogwizard's Hammer.

hes already said its going to be brutes and grunts only.

and yeah if you go to there website you can see all there awsome props there carbine is the shiznit.

Ok, now before everyone hates me, I read through this WHOLE THING, and I may have forgotten. BUT!!

Where will the casting calls be made AND is there anyway U.S people can get in on this? I'd

be happy to help, but I'm not sure what to do.

Roodkill said:
Ok, now before everyone hates me, I read through this WHOLE THING, and I may have forgotten. BUT!!

Where will the casting calls be made AND is there anyway U.S people can get in on this? I'd

be happy to help, but I'm not sure what to do.

The film is going on within the UK. We will be taking submissions for actors from overseas but those submissions will have to be exceptional to be flown over. For extra work we would welcome anyone from anywhere, but we would be unwilling to pay travel costs from the USA. Voice work may be available, however.

Just a quick note to say that the SPNKr is going well. I only have the grips and detailing to do and then It'll be send off to Ed to produce moulds from.

CrackerJack121 said:
Just a quick note to say that the SPNKr is going well. I only have the grips and detailing to do and then It'll be send off to Ed to produce moulds from.

Awesome news! I really look forward to seeing your build in person. :)

Peter Cooper said:
The film is going on within the UK. We will be taking submissions for actors from overseas but those submissions will have to be exceptional to be flown over. For extra work we would welcome anyone from anywhere, but we would be unwilling to pay travel costs from the USA. Voice work may be available, however.

Well Peter if you need any extra's, people to do the catering,to bring coffee around, just shoot me a pm. Theres no reason why anyone around or in the UK couldn't offer his or her help to this project.

I'd like to thank all our fans for voting for us, as we brought home the gold in the HawtyMcBloggy.com Best of Halo awards for best fan contribution in 2009!

It was an exceedingly tight group, and as the results have shown, it was very open. So, thanks to you all for rocking the vote! We love you all!

Congrats Peter!!! This is a great accolade for the Op Chastity effort, just one of many I that I'm sure will come as the project develops.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back