Farris Mkvi Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted to this thread for a while, but here are a few pieces I took pictures of last night. It's not perfect or elite, but I'm pretty proud of where I am so far. It has been a rush job to get this stuff even close to ready for Dragon*Con. Hoping to finish strapping most of the pieces tonight so I can have more to show tomorrow.

BTW: Putting Great Stuff in the boot and making a rubber sole works amazingly well. This thing looks, feels, and sounds solid.

[attachment=11780:IMG00028-20090901-2228.jpg][attachment=11779:IMG00027-20090901-2228.jpg]

And I have a "finished" bucket. It still has gaps around the visor, but it will do for now.

As for my suit as a whole, I'm almost embarrassed to wear it. I feel as though it's sub par compared to a bunch of the other suits I've seen and will see at D*C. I know that MOST people won't notice (or just won't care) about the imperfections, but some of them bother me. Especially the torso, which feels really awkward to wear (I guess because it doesn't feel solid), and the thighs. Anyway, here's the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back