Fiberglass Cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiahmann

hi. i am starting to use fiberglass resin instead of aqua resin. when i use it, do i have to have fiberglass cloth? or can i just plain paint on the fiberglass resin? so yeah. :)

Paint on the resin on the outside before using the fiberglass AND resin on the inside.

Read the stickies. Their VERY helpful.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to answer all of your questions.

Cheers!

JosiahM said:
hi. i am starting to use fiberglass resin instead of aqua resin. when i use it, do i have to have fiberglass cloth? or can i just plain paint on the fiberglass resin? so yeah. :)

If you check the stickies, they have some specific information along these lines. But to answer your question, you don't HAVE to, but you'd be silly not to. Armor without fiberglass reinforcement - i.e. only the resin applied - is flimsy at best. Certainly, it's better than just plain cardstock, but it doesn't have anything remotely close to the rigidity and strength you get from using the fiberglass cloth. It wouldn't be wise to go through all the work to create detailed armor if you're going to put it at such risk. So I strongly recommend you use the fiberglass cloth, though the ultimate decision is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright. thanks. that helps alot. i bought the resin today at the hardware store and didnt know i needed the cloth so i put 1 coat on a prototype and i looked into it online and found out about the cloth. so i guess ill just buy the cloth. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back