**FINISHED!!!** Zero's Gungnir and Halo 4 Midnight launch Build ((PIC HEAVY))

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATES!!!!!!Alright so I am back to… 90odd% and working again on my costume;). So not much to post but I am almost finished sanding my helmet just need to even it out them smoothen it out and it will be ready for paint. I’m still undecided on how I will do the optical part I am tempted to go a visor and I have no Idea on how to do that (Help?) or I will do my camera and screen idea which is harder due to money reasons.
PICTURE TIME!!!!!!!
4dfafa9d.jpg

0fd46995.jpg

52baf9b1.jpg

b3b75f6b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!!!!!!
Wow 2 updates within 2 days nice. Anyway I finished sanding and carving the groovesout of the helmet. Now they did not come out very well but I don’t have time tofix them in time for Comic con. Now because of the poor cuts I don’t know if I willgo through with molding it but I’ll wait till paint before making my final decision.Paint should be coming by the end of the week I think I will go blue and grey.Also I will be doing a Visor instead of the camera idea only because of timeand money (any good painting tutorials?)
PICTURE TIME!!!!!!!!
MySpartan.png

425e203a.jpg

7b1f266d.jpg

3c4221cf.jpg

Yes I still hope to eventually make a cast of it but it will be a while till I have the money to do so. However I should have more info on that in a month or two.
Yes! ive been trying to make this forever and yours is the best ive seen I cant wait to see it finished.

If you're going to go with the camera approach, I'd be careful, because your depth perception might get all wonky. Next thing you know, you might walk into a wall because you though it was farther away. ;)

PAINT!!!!!
All right I finished the primary painting for my helmet!!!!!!! All I haveleft to do is patch some parts and add the stripes and UNSC logo) and add thebattle damage.
So I did a under coat of silver over top a black base coat that way I couldjust scrape the top paint off to make it look like battle damage. (I hope itwork) Next week I will get more foam and plasti-dip to work on the rest of myarmor.
PICTURES!!!!!!!!
236046f3.jpg

0e682b4c.jpg

f07a7573.jpg

5643d972.jpg

P.S. I am going to go with a visor and not a camera on this one.

Are you planning to vacu-form the visor or what method are you planning to use? I really want to see this helmet complete. keep up the great work.

Shes brocken

:(Sad Update:(

My helmet she broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

So last night I left my helmet outside like usual but forgeting we where having a spring storm. Well arizona gets verry windy storms, and I left my helmet on my work table... you get the picture. So I woke up thismorning to let the dogs out and their it was on the floor with a massive crack and a hole in it. all I have to say is oops and go back to square one.

Pics:(
2e170ea2.jpg

a0977a4b.jpg

b1fb3be0.jpg

You can repair it by cover the broken spot with tape and put some rondo inside then remove the tape, sand it and it will look like nothing have happened.

Good luck with the repair. It was nice to see a completed Gungnir helmet, I hope it turns out okay.

-Matt

Well I just finished the patch and it fixed the hole. however it does not look like or feel like it was able to mend the cracks but I think they where uneven when I applied the patch so I think I might have to go back to the start. Ohwell now i can do even better this time :)

I know someone did fix the broken space marine helmet with rondo and the broken spot is a lot worst than what you got there and it looked like new. Did you put rondo in to cover the whole inside of the helmet?

I know someone did fix the broken space marine helmet with rondo and the broken spot is a lot worst than what you got there and it looked like new. Did you put rondo in to cover the whole inside of the helmet?

I used a thin(Liquidy) batch where it was cracked to try to get it to seap into the holes and cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back