First MA5B Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukeman112

Well I've started on making my first prop weapon. It's actually a somewhat complex process I'm doing to try and make a good durable prop. First I've printed out and assembled a pepakura MA5B. Now I'm getting ready to start making a wood replica using the Pepakura model I assembled as a reference. After I get through with that and detailing the wood version I'm gonna make a negative mold of wood replica. The final step would be purchasing some liquid casting resin and fill the mold to get a good solid weapon prop and painting it. So far I'm at the stage where I'm looking for wood to put together the block that the wood version will be cut and shaped from. If there's any tips anyone could give me I'd much appreciate it!

I haven't really used wood in the same way to make a prop like you but I see people using MDF and Balsa wood for panels and details since it can be cut and shaped easily. But beware, Balsa wood can get expensive fast. If you just want to try wood, I would suggest White Pine, because it is a softwood and can also be sanded and cut easily. I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back