First time builder: MK7 Build Journal (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really nice build! Inspiring me to start my own foam armour, quick question, what tool did you use for the battle damage??

This is a really nice build! Inspiring me to start my own foam armour, quick question, what tool did you use for the battle damage??

Thanks! Used my hot knife. When I get home tonight I can grab a pic of the attachments I used if ya like.

That would be awesome

Here ya go man, sorry it took so long. Used the disc-shaped attachment for the majority, and the shading tool for the smaller details- like the drip.

20131119_204944_resized.jpg

A better pic of the round tool here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39673-First-time-builder-MK7-Build-Journal-(Pics)/page8

I used a cursive writing tip for my damage. It looks good for making large dents.

I wish my costume was half as detailed as yours. Yours is perfect.

Just found this thread and read through all the pages..

This build is amazing!! And so much detail from freehand is incredible! Keep it up!

I used a cursive writing tip for my damage. It looks good for making large dents.

I wish my costume was half as detailed as yours. Yours is perfect.
It's far from perfect, but thanks man! What does the cursive tip look like?
Just found this thread and read through all the pages..

This build is amazing!! And so much detail from freehand is incredible! Keep it up!

Thanks man! I'm putting everything I've got into this, hoping it comes out good in the end!

So been busy lately, but should have some actual progress pics coming soon. Until then, here's what the torso looks like right now, along with a preview of what's next.

20131129_165430_resized.jpg

20131129_170239_resized.jpg

20131127_093422_LLS_resized.jpg

20131127_093403_LLS_resized.jpg

20131127_093436_LLS_resized.jpg

20131127_093316_resized.jpg

the detail looks amazing. you are really making this build amazing. keep it up

Keep those updates coming! I don't think I'm the only one that looks forward to what else you've got in store with this!

Your build is looking nice and I might have to use your stuff as reference since I just got a commission for this suit, and I can not find a model that is accurate enough and has all the detail I need.

I'm going to assume that you scratch built everything?

Keep those updates coming! I don't think I'm the only one that looks forward to what else you've got in store with this!
Thanks! Sorry the updates are few and far between these days.
Your build is looking nice and I might have to use your stuff as reference since I just got a commission for this suit, and I can not find a model that is accurate enough and has all the detail I need.

I'm going to assume that you scratch built everything?

Yep, top to bottom. Sorry I don't have more to show. Being my first attempt at this, I'm a bit slow. :/

Super clean! Nice work! Using regular floor mat foam?

Thanks! And yes, standard stuff from Lowe's, Harbor Freight, and Michael's.

Just SO far behind on this. Sorry peeps, life's been crazy. Should have some progress up sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back