Foam Halo 4 Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love how this thing turned out and I love the colors too. I keep thinking about my suit then I keep looking at yours for inspiration . Great build !

hej what pep files are you using for the foam? or did you free hand it?

I actually free handed the torso and arms. For just searched the forums here for master chief halo 4 foam files and got them. The helmet was actually the foam file from Halo 3 but I modified it to have more Halo 4 features.

I just love how this thing turned out and I love the colors too. I keep thinking about my suit then I keep looking at yours for inspiration . Great build !

I'm glad I can inspire someone and I'm glad you like it. That probably is the best compliment. Knowing someone out there looks at my suit and gets inspiration.
I'm deeply honored and humbled at the same time.

i used the black one and the acne texture came out too. What i did was get closer to the foam pieces and spray a slightly thicker coat the first time round. Don't worry about wet spots as they tend to dry up very(Not to the extent where it starts to drip). If you know what i mean.

I'm really late on this, but congrats on completing your suit, it came out great. And despite your setbacks, the paint job looks superb. I don't know if you're still refining anything or if you're full-on finished but- the only thing I would suggest it to maybe add more black wash in the crevices if only to bring out more of the detail you put in and increase the contrast a little bit, it might just be the lighting though.

I'm really late on this, but congrats on completing your suit, it came out great. And despite your setbacks, the paint job looks superb. I don't know if you're still refining anything or if you're full-on finished but- the only thing I would suggest it to maybe add more black wash in the crevices if only to bring out more of the detail you put in and increase the contrast a little bit, it might just be the lighting though.
I'm done with this suit for now because I am about to start an ODST build. ODST was the first armor I ever made and I really want to give it a remake with the experience I now have.
I do agree with you, a little more contrast wouldn't hurt this suit, maybe in due time. Thanks :)

Where did you get that sweet Knife?
This is it
It's almost identical to the assassination knives used in game.

Wow!

That suit of yours looks amazing.
I really like the lightrifle and rogue chest piece.

Good luck with your Odst build :)

Was looking at cosplay videos and found you in these two:

http://youtu.be/msxvtxxB7TA

http://youtu.be/FFjq76AJgYA

AWA was so much fun, can't wait to go back again. Been going for over 10 years :)

Wow!

That suit of yours looks amazing.
I really like the lightrifle and rogue chest piece.

Good luck with your Odst build :)

Thanks :) This suit was a real test of how good/ bad I would be a scratch building. I think I did pretty decent. Definitely learned from mistakes which will only make suits from here on out better.
Always moving forward!

Love it!! Is it a scrach build?? Because I want to make Felix's armor from Red vs Blue and I need some advices.

Love it!! Is it a scrach build?? Because I want to make Felix's armor from Red vs Blue and I need some advices.
Thanks you for sharing the love :)
The torso is completely scratch built (Chest, shoulders, forearms). Everything else I had a template for. Also, as I said in your thread, I am working on some pieces you could benefit from (hopefully). The best advice I can give you is have Halo 4 open in theater and just look at the pieces you need and go slow. Use rulers/ protractors/ anything that can keep it straight and be prepared to waste some foam on trial and error.
What all pieces do you need and would you use templates if you had them or are you determined to scratch build?
My ODST build in my sig is where the files will be uploaded to upon completion. I have some there now but not the ones you are looking for ( I don't think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back