Foam Halo costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Familyman

I threw this together last halloween for my son, he really loves it and still wears it. I am now building myself a master Chief costume, being a stay at home father money is always tight, so I will be building out of foam, but I am no stranger to foam builds so I have high hopes.

dscf9332qe.jpg

dscf9329i.jpg

dscf9328z.jpg

dscf9327e.jpg

dscf9326x.jpg

dscf9324t.jpg

dscf9330l.jpg

Here is my helmet so far.
I am using my sons halo figures and a lot of pictures for reference, I also using a pep file for some parts. I started taking pics but then unfortunately I kinda got into the build and forgot to take pics.
Here is the back part.
DSCF3231_zps297019ad.jpg

Here is the next time I took a pic, quite a bit done already, this took about 3 hours.
DSCF3237_zpsd385a0a8.jpg

Here is the visor just taped in to see what it would look like.
DSCF3239_zpsa7428608.jpg

DSCF3240_zps2e7c5016.jpg

And here is some of my other foam builds.
I built this for son, it fits 2 mega bloks halo figures in the cockpit and I glued a piece of megabloks at the back so he can stand some figures inside, it also has a hook on the back and can carry a megabloks warthog. And if that isn't enough I also installed a mini sound player that has 5 built in sounds of the pilot in Halo CE.
DSCF3201_zpsf7bd303c.jpg

Flux Capacitor out of foam.
DSCF3230_zps5425cca9.jpg

Ironman out of foam
DSCF5306.jpg

And yes even wall-e and R2 are foam.
DSCF8262_zpsb65acf99.jpg

Here is the next stage of my helmet.
For the light holes on the side of the helmet I used an old cigar holder. ( A friend gave them to me because I always like to keep strange and cool things for future builds).
I find using something circular like this is great for cutting perfect holes in foam. I put the foam circles back in the holes for now just to help it keep its shape.
Here are some pictures to show you what I mean.
DSCF3232_zpsa876a773.jpg

DSCF3236_zpsbc049a4f.jpg

DSCF3242_zps98983f0e.jpg

DSCF3244_zps2d41c979.jpg

DSCF3246_zps1bd4b268.jpg

DSCF3247_zps5a232f1e.jpg

DSCF3249_zps6e6e3522.jpg

DSCF3250_zpsfd60cd92.jpg

My website. http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/

That has to be some of the best foam work I have ever seen. Keep up the awesome work! Can't wait to see more!

Rex out.

Thank you both so much. Yeah my kids are the envy of the town lol. R2 went to the local school last year and visited 3 of my kids classrooms everyone had a blast, they all got to try on Ironman, clone trooper and batman helmets/cowls and touch R2. Wall-e is supose to go for a visit soon but in 2 weeks all my stuff is going to be at the local art gallery for 3 weeks. There will be more of my foam props including Proton pack and ghost trap as well. Would love you guys to visit my site, I have build pages and tutorials of all my builds.
http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/ you can even see some pics of R2 at the school.
I was able to spray paint my helmet today I will post some pics later.

I am now building myself a master Chief costume, being a stay at home father money is always tight, so I will be building out of foam, but I am no stranger to foam builds so I have high hopes.

Great work. It's cool to see a quality Helmet being built out of foam. I'm working on foam reach build right now, and putting off the helmet till last. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make a good looking helmet out of foam, but it looks like it's more then possible with some careful effort.

Thank you all for the kind words. Here is a small picture update, I was able to get some spray painting donw today. The vents are not glued in yet, they are just placed in for the picture.
DSCF3254_zps992905f2.jpg

You, sir, have the luckyest kid in the world! And you've got some serious balls to make a helmet out of foam. Keep it up!

Thank you all so much, I will be working on the chest armor tomorrow, I will be taking a lot more pics this time. I have been looking a lot at the helmet I built and I can see where and how I could cut down the amount of glue lines. So in the near future I will be redoing my helmet. But for now I will live with the one I have. Can not wait to get started on the chest tomorrow. Wish me luck!.

Your foam work is really great, not very many foam helmets turn out as nicely as yours. I had a look at your site, you're making a cyberman! that's awesome :) if I ever tackle a full foam suit it's going to be a cyberman. Your wall-e and r2 are beautiful also, keep it up the great work :)

Thank you, The cyberman is on hold for now, I am kinda interested in the even newere cyberman design coming in the second half of the new Doctor Who season, I might make one those. I also want to finish my K-9 build. However right now it is Master Chief that is on the work (kitchen) table. Pics coming tonight of the chest armor.

Love the kids build! Blows my mind when I see a foam helmet. I never would have thought they could look that good.

Thank you very much for the kind words, they are really uplifting.
Been a few days since I have done anything to this build. But here is what I have after 3 more hours. I am working slowely on this because I want my lines and seams to be as good as possible.
DSCF3260_zpsceae1fee.jpg

DSCF3261_zps98ea6dd5.jpg

DSCF3262_zpsbc5fd8f1.jpg

DSCF3263_zps524a8cbe.jpg

DSCF3267_zps6898d330.jpg

DSCF3268_zps48d8e270.jpg

DSCF3270_zpsa5585158.jpg

DSCF3272_zpsfde3c5b9.jpg

DSCF3273_zpse7ce54bb.jpg

Looks great. It does look a little square for my taste if it were me I'd make it more rounded, but that's just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back