Foam Reach Custom WIP. Pic heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can also take a cheap low-temp glue gun (dollar store variety) with no glue in it and run it along the seam at an angle. This will remove the excess glue. I also sometimes use an unused glue stick to swipe any overflow from a seam while it is hot, seems to keep the bumps down anyway.

you can also take a cheap low-temp glue gun (dollar store variety) with no glue in it and run it along the seam at an angle. This will remove the excess glue. I also sometimes use an unused glue stick to swipe any overflow from a seam while it is hot, seems to keep the bumps down anyway.

Nice tip. I never really have problems with glue seeping out of the seams anymore. When I first started it was hell I can't even recall how many times I just slapped a big ole pile a glue on the piece only the have it seep out and burn the hell outta me. its the kinda pain that say you get some on your finger, you'd rather chop that finger off than continue to feel the hot glue melt your flesh. Lols damn yous hot glue!!

Well im almost done with the torso, but i just got a new job so i dont have as much time as i used to. My thread says pic heavy so heres some more pics w/ some old foam pieces i've done before and an EVA lid from a while back i never finished. honestly i love the way the EVA looks with it. What do you guys think? should i switch it up and go with the EVA or stick with the MK V??

2011-04-25112807.jpg

2011-04-25112813.jpg

2011-04-25113109.jpg

2011-04-25113116.jpg

2011-04-25113124.jpg

Wow the detail on the chest piece is just amazing. I am working on a foam and pep chest piece now to see which one I like better. My first attempt with foam left a lot of gaps. It's inspiring to see something turn out that nice. I think you should go with the mark V by the way. The EVA does look sweet though.

Wow the detail on the chest piece is just amazing. I am working on a foam and pep chest piece now to see which one I like better. My first attempt with foam left a lot of gaps. It's inspiring to see something turn out that nice. I think you should go with the mark V by the way. The EVA does look sweet though.

thanks man, its good to know im somewhat inspiring. keep at the foam and you'll get the hang of it. I've went through prolly a couple hundred dollars worth of foam before i felt like i was decent.

thanks man, its good to know im somewhat inspiring. keep at the foam and you'll get the hang of it. I've went through prolly a couple hundred dollars worth of foam before i felt like i was decent.

A couple hundred bucks? Holy crap, what kind of foam are you using? At least I know I'm not the only one to take a couple of tries.

A couple hundred bucks? Holy crap, what kind of foam are you using? At least I know I'm not the only one to take a couple of tries.

Lol I'm just using the "standard" eva foam mats but I made lots of stuff with foam getting better each time and learning what works and what doesn't. I didn't waste it but my first few foam pieces were pretty horrible so they're just kinda sittin around collecting dust.

added a sweet neckseal to my torso and I've been working on my eva lid while I wait for roadwarriors mkv helm to arrive :D anyway here's the progress:

2011-04-28141813.jpg

2011-04-28141317.jpg

2011-04-28141423.jpg

2011-04-28141451.jpg

2011-04-28141433.jpg

2011-04-28141439.jpg

2011-04-28141607.jpg

2011-04-28054238-1.jpg

The hulk hands are a nice touch. They let people know you mean business. Nice neck piece it looks comfortable.

It seems like a lot of people are doing it. I am doing a pep chest and I am considering adding that same foam design for when I have to cut out a portion to fit my head in.

Its great for adding details and stuff. People use craft foam to make entire suits of armor just more plate armor knight type stuff its awesome.

added a sweet neckseal to my torso and I've been working on my eva lid while I wait for roadwarriors mkv helm to arrive :D anyway here's the progress:

2011-04-28054238-1.jpg

Relax. I'd rather not piss this thing off^ Just thought it would be fitting to say it because you don't want to piss the Hulk off either. :p But I can also agree, a lot of people seem to be heading to the foam path. I think its great, its easier to make, easier to move in and its not as expensive as buying so much card stock to build a whole suit. Plus you don't have to do all that cutting with the paper. IM0, Foam is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back