Glue Casting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbio555

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I've been thinking about the hot glue method a lot, and thought, why not put hot glue in a piece until it's solid, then sand the paper off? I don't think it would be very bondo friendly because of its flexibility, but it would be very easy to repair, and I can see no disadvantages. What do you guys think?

eh, that be a lot of hot glue to start with, im pretty sure you could bondo it but it would crack since you dont have a solid helmet peice to work with.

Just do it the standard way man

Pros: If it cracks you can just heat it up to repair it.

Cons: It's expensive, more expensive then Bondoing would be

This has been suggested and sort of tested before. Hot glue does not sand, however, you can soak the paper off and then use heat to smooth any edges.

Also don't forget hot glue melts, if you're in a warmer area your armour could end up melting while you're wearing it ;)

Belakor said:
Also don't forget hot glue melts, if you're in a warmer area your armour could end up melting while you're wearing it ;)

Yes, if your ambition and curiosity do get the better of you and you fly too close to the sun, you will become a very saggy odst? indeed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The hot glue method, for me, was a nightmare. The glue in total for just a ODST helmet costed $50.00. Then you have to melt the glue a certin way, or the glue, when put into the helmet, doesn't set right. Also, its nearly impossible to sand. Bondo doesn't go well with it. Also the cardstock warps like crazy if you don't have supports, and a heap of resin on it.

I would highly recommend the Smooth-cast 300/320 rought though. Its very easy to use, and requires VERY little bondo work, if any.

Good luck with your project(s).

Cheers!

I still want to try it. I live in ottawa, ontario, so danger of melting is about as about as likely as a dinosaur eating it, and I would be testing it with an ODST shin (flat with rectangles that stick out) so hopefully no bondo would be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back